Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 186547 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2018, 01:27:01 PM »
Chili dogs. I have about 7 or 8 kinds of cheese I thought about putting on them but decided not to. Saturday I used some e coupons on their last day, and took some paper coupons with me too. I had:

Ball Park hotdog buns. $1.00 off I think, but I'm not sure.
Nathan's skinless beef franks. $1.00 off.
Hormel hot chili with no beans. 50 cents off.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 579
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2018, 07:29:39 PM »
Soft taco leftover.   :o
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2018, 12:47:27 PM »
I grilled burgers for the college age kids at church last night.....so, naturally a couple of burgers came home (along with baked beans) for today's lunch.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2018, 06:12:19 PM »
P.F. Chang's Home Menu Chicken Pad Thai. Chicken breast and rice noodles with green onions, carrots and scrambled egg in a made from scratch Thai inspired tamarind sauce. It tasted a lot like the Thai curry chicken I used to get at the only local Thai restaurant that had take out.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2018, 12:18:21 PM »
Chicken tikka masala.

Sponsor

« Reply #55 on: Today at 04:07:18 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2018, 12:08:04 PM »
DiGiorno three meat pizza smothered with a whole jarful of marinated artichoke hearts. I gave it a couple of extra minutes to cook and it turned out okay.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2018, 12:11:39 PM »
Wing Zings boneless breaded spicy chicken breast chunks. I bought a 5 pound bag of them at Gordon Food Service several months ago. They're pre-cooked and frozen so I only have to heat them up in the microwave. I won't have to actually cook anything for a few days.

Pepperidge Farm turnovers will be for dessert. Raspberry today and cherry tomorrow, or some of each whenever. I baked both packages today.

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2018, 02:35:14 PM »
You guys must each weigh 500 lbs. with blood pressure in the 200/130 range.

Lunch today was a bit of leftover, slow cooked pork roast, shredded in a bowl and splashed with a little barbecue sauce.  Nuked it for 90 seconds and enjoyed it with a can of La Croix lime fizzy water.

Got a birthday card from an old friend, today.  Said:  Good News. There's a way to enjoy whole grains and leafy greens...  Inside:  Feed 'em to a cow and they'll turn into a delicious, satisfying steak. 

That makes an amazing amount of sense to me.  But, I've always been a tertiary vegan.  Cows eat grass.  I eat cows.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2018, 10:27:27 PM »
I'm not 500 pounds but I am overweight and have been for a long time. One doctor cut down the dose of a medication I've been taking for several years. I went from 300 mg a day, down to 200, then 100, and as of 2 days ago 50 mg. He recently told me it causes weight gain. I wish he would have said something sooner, instead of watching me put on another 30 pounds first. I really could have used that information before I started buying bigger clothes.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2018, 05:49:37 PM »
I gained some significant weight after my motorcycle accident in 2003 and plateaued around 375 pounds, and up until two years ago it never fluctuated more than 5 pounds up or down regardless of my eating habit. My A1C kept creeping up so I decided to eat less starches and carbs as well as changing just a few things in my eating habits.
I lost 70 pounds two years ago (over a six month period) and have managed to keep it off.
My plan for spring is to get back on track and lose some more. I'm 6'2" and the charts say I need to be under 200 pounds. Heck, I haven't been that weight since eighth grade (my shadow weighs 20 pounds). I'd like to get from my current 300 down to at least 250 over the next year.
As of my last check-up, my A1C is normal and my BP runs 118/78 most days (I do take a very low dose BP medication since high bp runs in the family, as well as diabetes).
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk