Author Topic: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability  (Read 129924 times)

Timothy

Re: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« Reply #210 on: October 31, 2009, 07:26:51 AM »
I have not set foot in a Walmart in nearly two months.  My wife has finally realized that it's not really saving her any money to drive the twenty miles round trip to the nearest store to buy her few items we need weekly.

I still have 32 stores withing 30 miles but none are closer than the market or the local drug store.

I'm free!

david86440

« Reply #211 on: November 28, 2009, 10:30:33 PM »
I went to the local Gun Show today, 3 times today actually. Lots of ammo.

The first time was a little after 9am and I didn't stop because the line was so long I just kept on trucking right by. Went back a couple hrs later and got in the building but it was shoulder to shoulder and everyone had to move in unison. I fought my way around for about an hr, bought 250 rds of .45 and some small pistol primers and headed home

Went back this afternoon before closing and most of the crowd had left. Saw the most ammo in quite some time.

Was able to pick up some .45, .40. 45/70 and a box of .32S&W!. 

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #212 on: November 28, 2009, 11:42:30 PM »
I went to the gun show and picked up 4 boxes of .357 Hollowpoints. 2 boxes of Winchester personal defense and 2 boxes of Remington Golden Sabers. Also picked up 2 speed strips and a speedloader for my 649.
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #213 on: December 21, 2009, 10:43:45 PM »
It's amazing.
The week of Christmas, and the big brown (they just repainted the store) money-vacuum (aka: wal-mart) has .243, ,308, .30-06, 30-30 ammo stacked up.
Winchester silver box and Federal brands stacked six-high and six-deep on the shelves. Two weeks ago.....dust on the shelves. $17 a box for the Winchester stuff, across the board (30-30 slightly less) and $14 a box for the Federal stuff ($12 for 30-30).

Federal .223 bulk boxes of 100 rounds is $40 per box and they have dozens of boxes (this is the only stuff they've actually had for a while).
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Stephen A. Camp

• Active Forum Member
    • Hi Powers and Handguns
  • Liked:
Another On-line Ammunition Source: LuckyGunner.com
« Reply #214 on: December 22, 2009, 06:44:45 AM »
Hello.  I've become aware of another on-line source for ammunition.  It is LuckyGunner.com.  For those interested, I notice that they have .380 ACP in stock. 

I have not used this company and am not financially associated with them in any way.

If interested, it might be worth a look for folks wanting to buy .380 auto ammo, which has been in short supply.

http://www.luckygunner.com/handgun/380-auto-ammo

Best.

Sponsor

« Reply #215 on: Today at 05:56:25 PM »

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: December 22, 2009, 07:16:57 AM »
Almost a month between posts............... Its over
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: December 23, 2009, 05:40:05 AM »
Bass Pro was well stocked with 200rd cases of UMC .223 $89.99, all the way to Hornady premium .223 more pricey but there.

Remington .40 S&W 50rds. $17.99 all the SD ammo calibers, but no .380 target ammo.

Wal-mart had Remington 55gr, .223 20rds. and value packs. but NO handgun ammo except .25

Supply is slowly getting to all the retailers, price will never be what it used to be, but at least it's an improvement.

Stephen A. Camp, thanks for the link.

Yes I got a "little" .380 ammo. ;)

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #217 on: January 02, 2010, 02:15:34 PM »
2000 rounds white box Winchester from Wally's World to partially cover the ammo used in classes at USSA in 2009.  Another 400 and I'll be about even.  $21.97/100

1,000 rounds Lake City green tip from Ammoman at $479 delivered....not bad these days.  I was going to wait for a better price later because I thought the price would be going down...but then I saw the Bloomberg MAIG treatise (Mayors Against "Illegal" Guns") that was discussed with BHO and his cronies.  A roadmap to ban guns without a single congressional vote.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

wantabe

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: January 06, 2010, 11:00:59 AM »
There is any ammo you want on shelfs.  No ammo is not true.  You just have to pay two or three times what you did pay for it.
In 07 I could buy 1k of Black Hills 75 grain MBTHP for $175.00. Still have the receipt for it.  You will pay nearer $600./K now.

tfr270

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: February 20, 2010, 12:37:16 PM »
Cheaper than Dirt has Remington Golden Saber .45acp for about $26 per box. Picked up a few boxes. They also have it in .357 and 9mm. That was before I looked through this thread and saw the the Lucky gunner link...54 boxes of GS .45 for $25 per box...

It's out there, but the locals are selling for almost twice as much as the internet. My local gun shop was selling GS .45 for $44 per box. He knows he's high but I think his wholesaler is charging him too much as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk