Author Topic: CLIPS KILL - ( I know this will be a shock to Haz)  (Read 15679 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
CLIPS KILL - ( I know this will be a shock to Haz)
« on: January 19, 2011, 05:08:06 PM »
The latest from the Brady Center with emphasis in bold being mine. 

Who knew?  Who knew that "clips" are people killers.

Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
-----------------------------

CALL YOUR U.S. REPRESENTATIVE TODAY 
Ban Large Capacity Ammunition Clips

Dear sheepal

Columbine: 13 killed, 23 wounded. Virginia Tech: 32 killed, 17 wounded. Fort Hood: 13 killed, 34 wounded. And now Tucson: 6 people killed and another 13 wounded, including Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, in a matter of seconds.

What do these tragedies have in common? The shooters used large capacity ammunition magazines to kill a lot of people in a short amount of time.

It's time to ban these people-killing ammunition magazines once and for all.

Strong legislation, H.R. 308, has been introduced by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) to ban large capacity ammunition magazines, like the one used by the Tucson shooter.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: CLIPS KILL - ( I know this will be a shock to Haz)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 05:15:36 PM »
Damn, here I thought it was guns I had to watch out for. Now apparently the guns are blameless, its just the "people killing magazines". A step in the right direction? :-\
FQ13

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 05:51:28 PM »
I'd like to ban all vehicles with more than 100 horsepower.

Vehicles with more power than that are dangerous, and especially those damned SUV's, they are indiscriminate in they're blatant disregard for human life.

How dare folks want high powered vehicles for their daily commutes. THIS MUST BE STOPPED!!!!!

The Horror....

Kinda sounds stooooopid don't it?

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 06:01:29 PM »
I'd like to ban all vehicles with more than 100 horsepower.

Vehicles with more power than that are dangerous, and especially those damned SUV's, they are indiscriminate in they're blatant disregard for human life.

How dare folks want high powered vehicles for their daily commutes. THIS MUST BE STOPPED!!!!!

The Horror....

Kinda sounds stooooopid don't it?

Not to the Greens. I had a sticker stuck on my truck window making basially that point, as well as how I was killing the planet. Likewise, EArTH FIRST has burned a few SUvs at the dealership. Damn those machines! Can't trust them.
One of my favorite lessons was telling a student who was talking about the evils of SUVs about how I'd pulled a guy in a Prius out of a snow bank in a parking lot the day before. "How many MPGs was Earth Boy getting? None, because his ass was  stuck". ;D
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 01:51:20 AM »
I knew 2 guys who got killed in a 90 HP vehicle.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:54:47 AM »

oldkat69

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Fides sed veritas
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 12:54:54 PM »
 :o I hate to get all serious on you guys but lets look at these incidents for a bit:

Virginia Tech: 49 casualties, 32 killed, 17 wounded. "Gun Free Zone",   authorities wait outside until the evil doer is done

Fort Hood: 47 casualties,13 killed, 34 wounded.  "Gun Free Zone", "when seconds counted authorities were minutes away"

Columbine: 39 casualties, 13 killed, 23 wounded.  "Gun Free Zone",   authorities waited outside until the evil doers were
                                                                     done.

Tucson: 19 casualties, 6 people killed, 13 wounded.  Constitutional Carry Zone  Armed and unarmed citizens stop the evil
                                                                          doer in a matter of seconds and prevent even more casualties.

At this point  A.C.P. 45 trumps  H.R. 308, as introduced by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) to ban large capacity ammunition magazines, like the one used by the Tucson shooter.
I used to be open minded but my brain kept falling out.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 01:23:17 PM »
my understand is no one drew on him, he was rushed.

there is also a diffrence between shooting from the middle of a crowd and shooting around the out side.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 01:25:30 PM »
I read somewhere that a couple of the people who jumped him were carrying and declined to draw on him, instead tackling him. Doesn't THAT count for something? Why doesn't THAT get out in the media? (Assuming it's true)
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 01:33:31 PM »
I read somewhere that a couple of the people who jumped him were carrying and declined to draw on him, instead tackling him. Doesn't THAT count for something? Why doesn't THAT get out in the media? (Assuming it's true)

From all indications it is true.

There was a video on here, in another thread, with an interview of a local CCW (Joe Zamudio) who helped subdue the shooter.
Basically the guy said he couldn't tell who the "bad guy" was in the fracas, so he chose not to draw his weapon at the time. When he sets the record straight in the interview, suddenly they are "out of time".....

**Aha....found it:
http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=15199.0

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 01:46:24 PM »
My $.02  Having a ccw means nothing. 

Having one does not make you a shooter, great at SD, tactically mind ful  etc etc

Infact I'd say most of the people that I've met over the years(remember I traveld all over the us working in construction) that had a ccw are NOT prepared.  Many have had no idea what would happen if they need to use the gun or even when it is or is not a good idea to draw it.

There are those that flat out would not use it,( but still have it   ::)  ) to those that are "gung hoe"  ( you know stop a bank robbery when no shots have been fired)

So in my mind all that some one saying they have a ccw means is they filled out some paper work and paid a fee.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk