Poll

Pravda may be more truthful than the US media.  What do you think?

No.
1 (9.1%)
Yes.
2 (18.2%)
It depends.  Maybe yes, maybe no.
2 (18.2%)
There is not a shred of truth to be trusted in the US media.  It's all agenda supported by lies here.   I go with Pravda.
3 (27.3%)
Pravda vs NYT.  No contest....Pravda.
2 (18.2%)
Sad...when Pravda is more truthful than our own countrymen.
1 (9.1%)
I just canceled my subscription to the New Orleans Times Picayune in order to get Pravda.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Is PRAVDA more truthful than the US Mainstream Media?  (Read 4609 times)

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Is PRAVDA more truthful than the US Mainstream Media?
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 12:04:30 PM »
A good deception is 95-99% truth coloring the remainder as truth as well. If the 95-99% is verifiable, then the little that is the real lie can be too easily assumed to be truth. That is just what they want. What better to say than "we want the U.S. to succeed" when they really want us to fail AND they are trying to make this happen every day. They manipulate money, make us reliant on them to maintain our lifestyle, buy up our debt, land and businesses and all that is "property". I am not arguing for swallowing what garbage our media propels in our direction. I am only saying I will never look to Pravda and Hsinhua for truth. No news organ operates in either Russia and China without some measure of cooperation from their respective governments.

As for what I do to change things in this country: I constantly challenge the news media (usually WaPo) here by commenting on their articles. I challenge this state's U.S. Senators and Representatives via email and letter. I contribute to organizations (like the NRA) to combat suppression of our freedoms. Although I no longer have any representatives at the fed level to contribute to, I do so for local and state pols. Nothing much seems to stick in this state.
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 12:15:18 PM »
Note that this current Pravda has no connection to the historical Pravda except for it's name and that it is a Russian publication. 
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 05:06:01 PM »
Actually Pravda is far more reliable than US media.
The distortion in Pravda is generally to promote Putin, as for the "propaganda" aspects they've been there, done that, for 75 years and rejected it's failure . Meanwhile the US is struggling to achieve the system that failed the Russians.

You know Pravda's article on the prediction about the US breaking up into pieces may well come true if the demcruds divisive tactics aren't reeled in soon.  The democrats will hit a tipping point with their class warfare crap and start a civil war by provoking the democrat's useful idiots into initiatiing attacks on productive and patriotic citizens that support traditional American values....not that it isn't already happening with the poll intimidation that went on across the US. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 10:09:30 AM »
From "Russia Today"..

How much of this did you sear on Fox this week?..
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk