Author Topic: CLIPS KILL - ( I know this will be a shock to Haz)  (Read 15674 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
Re: CLIPS KILL - ( I know this will be a shock to Haz)
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2011, 04:12:46 PM »
Besides, the reading teachers are busy installing Astroturf to stop the cheerleaders from grazing  ;D

Is that because the "No Grazing Allowed" signs were ineffective?
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2011, 04:18:19 PM »
I know that I'm only about six months late to this party, but TAB I need an answer:

You made a comment about people that carry and their training.  Tom asked if you had facts, and this is how your reply.  I went back an reread everything, and all I find is people, including you, saying things like "in my experience" and the like.  Do you have facts or did you just pull these numbers out of your ass?  (sound familiar)

TAB is a kid....his experience pales in comparison to those of us who've lived with a firearm at their side for more than the time he's been alive.  I've seen some stupid people but, in my lifetime, 18 years of it living in the "bigoted" mid-west, most folks that carry daily are more than prepared and responsible.

oldkat69

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Fides sed veritas
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2012, 03:54:11 PM »
:o I hate to get all serious on you guys but lets look at these incidents for a bit:

Virginia Tech: 49 casualties, 32 killed, 17 wounded. "Gun Free Zone",   authorities wait outside until the evil doer is done

Fort Hood: 47 casualties,13 killed, 34 wounded.  "Gun Free Zone", "when seconds counted authorities were minutes away"

Columbine: 39 casualties, 13 killed, 23 wounded.  "Gun Free Zone",   authorities waited outside until the evil doers were
                                                                     done.

Tucson: 19 casualties, 6 people killed, 13 wounded.  Constitutional Carry Zone  Armed and unarmed citizens stop the evil
                                                                          doer in a matter of seconds and prevent even more casualties.

At this point  A.C.P. 45 trumps  H.R. 308, as introduced by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) to ban large capacity ammunition magazines, like the one used by the Tucson shooter.

I am very sad to post on this thread again.  :'(

Aurora:  Approximately 50 70 casualties, 12 people killed,38 58 wounded. Posted Gun Free Zone.
I used to be open minded but my brain kept falling out.

oldkat69

• Fides sed veritas
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2012, 10:59:41 AM »
I am very sad to post on this thread again.  :'(

Aurora:  Approximately 50 70 casualties, 12 people killed,38 58 wounded. Posted Gun Free Zone.

:-[  Folks, this is getting really, really old!

Oak Creak: 9 casualties, 6 killed ( I don't count murderers), 3 injured, No Guns (I don't know if the temple was posted, I don't know if anyone was wearing the Kirpan ritual dagger either  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirpan)

tombogan03884

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2012, 01:16:08 PM »
:-[  Folks, this is getting really, really old!

Oak Creak: 9 casualties, 6 killed ( I don't count murderers), 3 injured, No Guns (I don't know if the temple was posted, I don't know if anyone was wearing the Kirpan ritual dagger either  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirpan)

Almost guaranteed the men were, but I'm not sure how effective a weapon it is since it's purpose is mostly symbolic in the minds of modern Americans.
We should talk to the Sikhs about that.

From the link
The kirpan has both a physical function, as a defensive weapon, as well as a symbolic function. Physically it is an instrument of "ahimsa" or non-violence. The principle of ahimsa is to actively prevent violence; the kirpan is a tool to be used to prevent violence from being done to a defenseless person when all other means to do so have failed. Symbolically, the kirpan represents the power of truth to cut through untruth. It is the cutting edge of the enlightened mind.

I would bet that in modern society many don't think of that.

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 01:35:58 PM »

oldkat69

• Fides sed veritas
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2012, 02:20:20 PM »
Symbolically, the kirpan represents the power of truth to cut through untruth. It is the cutting edge of the enlightened mind.[/i]

I like that. Thanks

oldkat69

• Fides sed veritas
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2012, 01:22:36 PM »
Well unfortunately I am back again but things were not quite as bad this time.

The headline from Fox News is "Hero instructor fought son in Wyoming college bow-and-arrow murder-suicide, police say"

This time reportedly it was a "high powered" cross bow and other edged weapon.  Thank the Brady Project and Michael Bloomberg no guns were allowed.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/02/man-killed-father-in-wyoming-college-bow-and-arrow-murder-suicide-attack/

I hate to get all serious on you guys but lets look at these incidents for a bit:

Virginia Tech: 49 casualties, 32 killed, 17 wounded. "Gun Free Zone",   authorities wait outside until the evil doer is done

Fort Hood: 47 casualties,13 killed, 34 wounded.  "Gun Free Zone", "when seconds counted authorities were minutes away"

Columbine: 39 casualties, 13 killed, 23 wounded.  "Gun Free Zone",   authorities waited outside until the evil doers were
                                                                     done.

Tucson: 19 casualties, 6 people killed, 13 wounded.  Constitutional Carry Zone  Armed and unarmed citizens stop the evil
                                                                          doer in a matter of seconds and prevent even more casualties.

At this point  A.C.P. 45 trumps  H.R. 308, as introduced by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) to ban large capacity ammunition magazines, like the one used by the Tucson shooter.

Norway;  146 casualties,  76 killed, 70 wounded  "Gun Free Zone",  authorities waited until they had permission to get their firearms to confront the evil doe

Casper, Wyoming College: 3 dead including the perpetrator from  wait for it "edged weapons"  Further carnage prevented by the
           college professor who was also killed in the attack. 

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2012, 02:24:09 PM »
I read the report about the professor who fought his son, giving others a chance to flee.

The professor was shot in the head with the crossbow, then wrestled the kid and was finally killed after being stabbed several time, allowing the students to flee.

What disturbs me is that folks fled and left the professor to die trying to save their lives..no one helped..
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2012, 02:37:16 PM »
I read the report about the professor who fought his son, giving others a chance to flee.

The professor was shot in the head with the crossbow, then wrestled the kid and was finally killed after being stabbed several time, allowing the students to flee.

What disturbs me is that folks fled and left the professor to die trying to save their lives..no one helped..

That is the 'nation of sheep' this country has become.   :(    >:(

**EDIT**
For clarity on the statement, I was leaning toward the apathetic mentality of the herd.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

oldkat69

• Fides sed veritas
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2012, 02:55:34 PM »
Peg: There have always been more sheep than sheep dogs.

Let us remember Dr. Liviu Librescu.  Why does a 76 year old professor still go teach everyday?
Why does a 15 year old Lithuanian boy survive the Nazi death camps?
Why does an unarmed man fight an armed gunman at the door?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liviu_Librescu
"There is some good in this world and it's worth fighting for" :'(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk