Author Topic: CLIPS KILL - ( I know this will be a shock to Haz)  (Read 15677 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: CLIPS KILL - ( I know this will be a shock to Haz)
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2012, 01:25:30 AM »
Tom, you know that chicago would still be a shit hole if they had no gun laws.  Its the people.   
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2012, 02:39:31 AM »
Peg: There have always been more sheep than sheep dogs.

Let us remember Dr. Liviu Librescu.  Why does a 76 year old professor still go teach everyday?
Why does a 15 year old Lithuanian boy survive the Nazi death camps?
Why does an unarmed man fight an armed gunman at the door?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liviu_Librescu
"There is some good in this world and it's worth fighting for" :'(
Gotta say Librescu was one hell of a man. We are the poorer for his loss. Politics aside, you read that wiki article, and your heart breaks. He survived so much, and did so much good advancing science, and he died fighting so others might live. Its humbling, and hopefully inspiring. That guy deserves to be remembered. I can only hope to live so well and die so well.  
Read the article. We owe it to him.

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2012, 08:28:23 AM »
Gotta say Librescu was one hell of a man. We are the poorer for his loss. Politics aside, you read that wiki article, and your heart breaks. He survived so much, and did so much good advancing science, and he died fighting so others might live. Its humbling, and hopefully inspiring. That guy deserves to be remembered. I can only hope to live so well and die so well.  
Read the article. We owe it to him.

Quaker, you and can find a great deal to disagree about.

But, IMNSHO, you are right-on in this case.

Was it his background, his history, his genetics, his faith that made this slightly built elderly man a hero?

All of that may have contributed, but I think he had the spirit of a giant residing in that small body. 

He was a hero for the way he lived, not the way he died.  And, you are correct that we are all the poorer for his loss.

Crusader
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

tombogan03884

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2012, 08:31:47 AM »
Tom, you know that chicago would still be a shit hole if they had no gun laws.  Its the people.  

OK, you got me on that one.  
But the fact remains that cities and states with stricter gun laws have higher rates of violent crime than neighboring areas with less restrictive laws.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2012, 08:59:21 AM »
Which means nothing.   i bet they have higher numbers of people that buy milk shakes too.  Its not a cuase and effect deal.    perfect example is AK.   lots of guns,  no ccw needed.  Yet they have the highest sexual assult rate ( by far) of any state in the union.      once again, its the people.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #55 on: Today at 10:08:56 PM »

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2012, 09:33:43 AM »
Well unfortunately I am back again but things were not quite as bad this time.

The headline from Fox News is "Hero instructor fought son in Wyoming college bow-and-arrow murder-suicide, police say"

This time reportedly it was a "high powered" cross bow and other edged weapon.  Thank the Brady Project and Michael Bloomberg no guns were allowed.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/02/man-killed-father-in-wyoming-college-bow-and-arrow-murder-suicide-attack/

My home. I heard about this on the radio while we were on our way to Denver on Friday. My first thought, (as bad as it was) at least he didn't use a gun. We are currently rolling with a letter writing campaign to the Governor to put pressure on Casper College to allow concealed carry on campus, or at the very least arm their security personnel. My best friends uncle was the first security on the scene. UNARMED. How can you secure and defend when you are no better off than the sheep you are supposed to be protecting?   
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk