Author Topic: Sicko Killing Cats Down Here (Warning to Haz and "Cat People".)  (Read 16952 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
This is not a pleasant story as it is still ongoing. Local news now has either the same sicko moving North to my county, or someone copying the Miami-Dade cat killer. As I have 2 cats: Bob & Stretch, they are confined to the screened in patio.

They need to set a booby trap, or something. He better hope the law catches him before some of these cat owners.

I know how I would respond, and Haz, we would gladly post your bail.

http://www.miamiherald.com/486/story/1056523.html

Brutal cat killings trouble South Miami-Dade neighborhoods
A rash of gruesome cat killings has bewildered two suburban South Miami-Dade neighborhoods.

BY JENNIFER LEBOVICH AND HOWARD COHEN
jlebovich@MiamiHerald.com

Along a quiet street in Cutler Bay, neighbors awoke last week to a startling discovery: mutilated cats left on display in the yards of family homes. Some skinned, others sliced across the stomach -- the bodies were left like talismans in some horror movie.

In all, city officials and police say, there have been about 20 cats reported found maimed and killed in Cutler Bay and Palmetto Bay. Miami-Dade police, with the assistance of the county's animal services, are investigating the mystery but have made no arrests.

''We take a very dim view of this,'' said Detective Bobby Williams, a Miami-Dade police spokesman. ``We find it very disturbing an individual would do something like this to defenseless animals.''

''We're looking into whether or not these cases are linked,'' he said.

The rash of cat deaths, first reported last week, prompted Palmetto Bay Mayor Eugene Flinn to issue this warning on Monday: ``Residents should keep their cats inside their homes until it has been determined who or what has caused these deaths and there is no longer a threat to the feline population of the village.''

On Tuesday, the Humane Society of the United States announced a $2,500 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in what they said were ``serial cat killings.''

''This is particularly gruesome and egregious,'' said Jennifer Hobgood, the organization's Florida director. 'If you speak to the investigator, the phrase he used is that the cats are being left like `little trophies.' ''

A police report from a woman who found two cats in her yard in the 19700 block of Whispering Pines Road describes two mutilated cats: ``Both were sliced open and one was posed.''

Such was the case for Chris Quarles, whose 11-year-old cat Jack was found dead last week. A Miami-Dade school counselor, Quarles said it seems as though the killings were methodical.

''He was skinned from the belly all the way down and had cut marks on his back leg,'' he said.

``The police said some cats were missing up to a week and then showed up back at their [owner's] house dismembered and killed. Somebody is thinking about what he's doing.''

His cat was found dead Thursday, within a day of about 10 cats being found in the same neighborhood.

Said Cutler Bay Mayor Paul Vrooman: 'There are human victims in this and families' hearts are broken and they are going through grief as their pets are being killed.''

The scene was similar in Palmetto Bay, where Alicia Glatzer's husband found the body of one of the family's cats, Sarah, in the yard.

Part of her face was missing, her belly had been skinned and her intestines spilled onto the grass. Though it seemed unlikely, they thought the cat had been struck by a car. Then they heard news reports about the injuries inflicted on other cats nearby.

''We have two other cats,'' Alicia Glatzer said. ``My concern is every day when I walk out whether I'll find another dead cat outside.''

Barbara Wiesinger, 68, said she found the bodies of several cats in her Cutler Bay neighborhood before finding her 15-year-old calico, named Cami, a few houses away. Gone was part of the cat's face.

''Your mind can't wrap around the why of it, or even the how,'' she said. ``How did they get them and what are they going to do now.''

The reward is now $7500. It has been a disturbing story for a couple of weeks now, and the first one in my county was 20 minutes or so away.

I would so love to get a hold of this scumbag.  The Everglades are big and close by, alligators need fattening up too. >:(

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Sicko Killing Cats Down Here (Warning to Haz and "Cat People".)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 05:02:26 PM »
would so love to get a hold of this scumbag.  The Everglades are big and close by, alligators need fattening up too.

Don't forgetthe pythons! Hell you could use him as bait. Seriously though, this is how Dahmer got started. Animals first and then people. This guy seem to be moving in that direction. 1 enjoying pain and suffering 2 targeting pets, not strays 3 making sure the owners find them to inflict emotional distress. It is escalating. I would say the next thing to go missing might not be a cat. To quote Warren Zevon I'd be on the lookout for an "excitable boy". Good luck TW
FQ13

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 05:10:41 PM »
I have very sharp knives and a good knowledge of skinning.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 05:11:23 PM »
They say you can judge a man on how he treats animals...
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 05:14:09 PM »
 I'm almost ashamed to admit that this time I agree with TAB AND FQ. But the fact is that FQ is right, this sick bastard needs to be stopped before he takes the next step, if he hasn't already.

Sponsor

twyacht

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 05:41:10 PM »
Miami-Dade Sheriff's Dept. has already assigned a "profiler" for that very reason.

Think I need to get 1 more anti sick bast--- "tool" from the safe.

Perhaps the Stoeger Coach; 2 nice big barrels.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 05:43:54 PM »
If they catch the SOB, the appropriate punishment would be to take him to the zoo and feed him to the big cats.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 05:46:23 PM »
Skin um Haz. Then the everglades or the big cats.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

twyacht

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 05:52:32 PM »
He just needs to attempt to harm the right cat.

Col. Jeff Cooper.

JSC3ATLCSO

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 08:20:07 PM »
I'm almost ashamed to admit that this time I agree with TAB AND FQ. But the fact is that FQ is right, this sick bastard needs to be stopped before he takes the next step, if he hasn't already.

I think the earth is about to Implode.  There has been several of these statements the last few days.. So you guys are either going "soft" or something big is about to happen

J

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk