Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 11411 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 05:09:45 PM »
I like windows 7.   8 and 8.1 were a joke.    I would run xp if I could.

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 06:44:45 PM »
I had XP and found an app that made the desktop look more like Vista. It worked well for me. Then I got Vista and it also worked well for me, and I liked how it looked. Now I have Windows 7 and hope it continues to work until something newer than Windows 10 comes out. If my computer didn't self-destruct I'd still have XP and be happy with it.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 01:51:41 PM »
I did it... About two weeks ago.. Crashed the first time today..
It has pages it doesn't like, like Rush's home page, today.. First one that actually crashed it, but while I don't visit "lib" pages, per se, it seems to not like the more overtly conservative pages..
I went ahead and did it because The Blaze news site choked my machine to the point that it just wouldn't run with it open.. Not sure if there was any logic to that. Just "Seemed like the thing to do at the time"...
Learning to regret it..
I did disarm the tracking crap that was available to unplug, without making a paperweight, but Google tracks you and won't let you access much of anything if you don't consent..
Love/hate these things..
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 07:05:13 AM »
Crashed again Tuesday. Had alot open..
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 08:00:50 AM »
A few weeks ago I had a few hours of windshield time, and the wheels between my ears were turning.  What kind of consumer have we become when we get excited when vendors make their products, that we pay money for, obsolete on a regular basis.  It used to be that we purchased items to make our lives easier, and they did.  All this electronic gadgetry takes more time.  My smartphone, that I didn't really want, but my bride got a package deal on, is constantly updating and adding things on its own.  When I log into the internet my computer goes into hyper slow mode while it shares info with every site there is.  I go to a website, and they have ads for every item I have searched for over the last 30 days.

What amazes me most about this is the number of people who praise this and look forward to the next update.  I am not against technology and improvements, but this has gotten out of hand.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:10:25 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 08:17:28 AM »
Your computer stuff is obsolete before it ever gets to the market due to advances in the technology.
Watch the tech news, advances in speed and capacity come much faster than designers ad manufacturers are capable of keeping pace with.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2015, 11:43:37 AM »
If your computer is running slow, or even if it's not, you can download the free version of CCleaner (formerly CrapCleaner) for your computer. I run it every day to clean up temporary files, history, cookies, etc. then I use it to clean up the registry. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner It's the #1 tool for cleaning up #2.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2015, 02:24:09 PM »
I have also found MalwareBytes to be very helpful. I am the I.T. person for a legal firm and we use both on a regular basis here. (Yes feel sorry for me around all of these liberal lawyers)

https://www.malwarebytes.org/   For home try the free version. It is very good.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2015, 10:26:01 PM »
I bought Malwarebytes anti-malware after I got the FBI Moneypak Virus on my PC. I didn't know how to deal with the virus at the time and re-formatted my computer. Then I bought Malwarebytes since it's supposed to be able to prevent or remove the virus. Since using Malwarebytes I haven't had any viruses. I'm also using the free version of Malwarebytes anti-exploit. If it wasn't for the icon in the system tray I wouldn't even know it's there. https://www.malwarebytes.org/antiexploit/

P.S. I have the anti-malware set to update once an hour and to scan once an hour. I don't know if the free version allows that but the scan doesn't slow anything down. I like it.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
ANY UPDATES ??? Re: Windows 10
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2016, 07:29:29 AM »
Just wondering if you guys have any updates to Windows 10.  It's been several months now and I'd like to know if all of the spy stuff has been, more or less, found with a method to disable.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk