Author Topic: Class III Forum?  (Read 4953 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 582
Class III Forum?
« on: November 15, 2008, 09:16:18 PM »
What do ya'll think about a Class III forum thread?  Hide it to members only?

Just kickin' it around.  I would like to see a thread for MG, SBR's, & suppressors....I know of other boards to drift to...but I like it here.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SigShooter

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Class III Forum?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 09:44:04 PM »
Great idea I think. I suspect though for those of us who don't have jobs that enable us to gain experience with Class III stuff, especially the most current stuff, it'd turn into more academic arguments and conversations rather those based on current, ongoing ownership. I always like to read about such weapons and accessories from those who know there stuff though, which is why I'm for a class III forum.
From my cold dead hands...to my next of kin to further our rights.

Never to the government. They can buy their own.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 11:38:53 PM »
Even if it's just historical stuff with a few "range rental" and service use stories it would be a cool idea.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 582
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 08:24:03 AM »
Supressors are expensive.  In most states, you can own one.  With tax a local Class III dealer can probably get you into a 22 can for $200 plus $200 for the tax stamp...depending on manufacturer.  Add $150 or so for 9MM to 45 or .223/5.56.  Not cheap...but a goal to plan for.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1108
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 05:15:48 AM »
I'd like to have definitive proof of what's legal and what's not. In Michigan I think full-auto is the only thing allowed. No suppressor, AOW, SBR, SBS, DD, or anything else. If there was a Class III forum I would be here to learn. It sounds like a good idea to me. I need an excuse to visit a Class III dealer anyway. They have a Browning 1919, M-60, M249-SAW, MAC-10, MG-42, and Uzi, all available locally. I don't know where I could shoot them if I had one.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:11:48 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk