Author Topic: VLTOR Bren Ten  (Read 3379 times)

jtbassist

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
VLTOR Bren Ten
« on: September 08, 2008, 03:22:47 PM »
Anyone have more news about the new VLTOR Bren Ten?
The music business, is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. there's also a negative side.

Hunter  S Thompson

Trevor

Re: VLTOR Bren Ten
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 02:13:04 PM »
To answer the question: No.  Check VLTOR's website for updates.  They are still working on it.

Next: Value-laden-judgemental-gratuitous response: Any small arms manufacturer that produces a metal frame pistol now (other than the 1911) is making a mistake.  The metal frame pistol is obsolete.  The 1911 survives because it still works best in competition.  Yet, when the competitors leave the range, they are probably packing their Glock 26 or 27 pistols. 

VLTOR's effort to revive the Bren Ten is a pleasant gesture of nostalgia.  Get one while you can for your collection.  I doubt if anyone will be shooting it though or using it for the practical purposes for which a pistol is intended.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 05:02:37 PM »

Next: Value-laden-judgemental-gratuitous response: Any small arms manufacturer that produces a metal frame pistol now (other than the 1911) is making a mistake.  The metal frame pistol is obsolete.  The 1911 survives because it still works best in competition.  Yet, when the competitors leave the range, they are probably packing their Glock 26 or 27 pistols.

Well, not exactly, the market for a metal frame pistol is far from "obsolete".  Some manufacturers have combined BOTH metal and polymer frames into their production line, and not just the 1911 caliber.

Oh, here's one that has a top notch reputation:
http://www.czub.cz/index.php?p=32&idp=1&ids=3&idz=170&lang=en

and another that is "pretty" good (sarcasm added):
http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=007b&cat_id=051&type_id=003

As far as competition, I'll leave that to the pros on this forum that shoot all types of calibers and platforms to respond.
Nothing against the Bren Ten, loved it since I shot one at a Miami Vice (yes the TV show) with Don Johnson aka(Sonny Crockett), who used a Bren Ten during the majority of the shows.

Just my .02 cents on the metal frame thing, I own both metal and polymer framed pistols, love them both, and would trust my life to both styles. But the market has elements that will always warrant a metal frame.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 12:27:23 AM »
The Bren Ten is just one variation of the FORTIS pistol coming out. If metal framed pistols were really dinosaurs there wouldn't be any new models introduced in the last few years. The AR-24 is another new (last year) pistol for people who don't want plastic frames. Plastic has the advantage of being cheaper for now. As the price of oil goes up the plastic made from it will too. It will be interesting to see which material people choose if they're the same price.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk