Author Topic: Colin noir  (Read 5666 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: Colin noir
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2020, 07:26:19 PM »
Compare Lapierre to Schumer, Pelosi, Biden. They have all been in the same place for roughly the same time.

And for roughly the same reasons... $$$$$$
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 877
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2020, 09:31:27 PM »
Interesting Tom.  I went for a quick look:

Wayne and Schumer are the same age (about a year difference) and both entered politics at the same time.
Pelosi is ten years his senior, but entered politics in the same mid 70's era.
Biden has him by only eight years, but entered politics earliest of anyone in the group.

Oh yeah, and all four began in the Democratic Party!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2020, 10:38:48 PM »
Michael... it would be nice to have people in the NRA that have roots in the practical shooting games...and if you run, I promise to destroy the pic with the coonskin cap

Les

tombogan03884

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2020, 07:31:18 AM »
I think it is far more important to have some one there who understands that Sports, and Games are NOT what the 2A is about.
We've had more than enough of narrowly focused Fudds.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2020, 07:49:04 AM »
I agree Tom, but we also need someone that understands the role that sports, games, and hunting play in preparedness, and the role that hunting plays in health and conservation of our natural resources.  In this understanding they need to have a deep understanding that many of the restrictions in the above areas serve different purposes than safety what should be protected.  One of the best reason for limitations in games is to teach skills needed for preparedness - Impose situations that create learning experiences for real world struggles.

If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 12:02:12 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2020, 12:33:50 PM »
They have been focusing on those irrelevancies for 50 years. The point of 2A is shooting politicians not ducks or steel.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2020, 01:02:05 PM »
You are correct Tom.  However, we need to make sure that we don't give those away.  Remember that the reason short barreled shotguns were lost in 34, was because "They did not have a useful military purpose."  If we don't maintain, and restore, the full scope of the BIG PICTURE, they will just change which corner of the rock they are chipping at.

This is an all or nothing situation.  You either support the Right To Bear Arms, or you don't.  You either support their availability and regular use by citizens for the purpose of defending the nation, and/or use of them to be prepared to use them in defense, or you do not.

I know I am preaching to the choir, but what was it that made Sgt. Alvin York the asset he was in WWI, what made farm boys such proficient turret and waste gunners in WWII, what background did the best door gunners in Vietnam have in common?  How did they, and in some cases still do, train them as door gunners?

Hunting and Target Shooting!

tombogan03884

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2020, 01:44:09 PM »
Mike, you and I agree except on details, so I'm just going to ask this to be an A Hole         ;D                                                                                                      Why did Gen. Burnside help start the NRA and CMP ?
Because so many of the Civil war troops could shoot for crap.   ;D

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2020, 02:02:40 PM »
Mike, you and I agree except on details, so I'm just going to ask this to be an A Hole         ;D                                                                                                      Why did Gen. Burnside help start the NRA and CMP ?
Because so many of the Civil war troops could shoot for crap.   ;D

My guess is because the Northern born soldiers did not extensively  hunt like the Southern born troops so were unfamiliar with even basic firearms accuracy and operation?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2020, 02:17:10 PM »
Tom, not to be an A hole, but that is kinda what I said  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk