Author Topic: The last pterodactyl...  (Read 12983 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: The last pterodactyl...
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2014, 06:51:42 PM »
Guys, they died off 150 MILLION YEARS AGO. Now I'm going way out on a limb here and say the Civil War, along with the "Old West", came along sometime after that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pterodactylus

"The fossil remains of this species have been found primarily in the Solnhofen limestone of Bavaria, Germany, dated to the late Jurassic Period (early Tithonian), about 150.8–148.5 million years ago."

Timothy

The last pterodactyl...
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2014, 07:15:46 PM »
You're a buzzkill, Bill!

:)

Facts are stubborn things..

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2014, 11:31:51 PM »
You're a buzzkill, Bill!

:)

Facts are stubborn things..

Yeah, c'mon Bill.......get with the program here.   

We have skeeters down here that can stand flat-footed and hump a turkey, so one o' these babbies ain't a far stretch.

;)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2014, 08:35:16 AM »
Hey Bill, They said that about the Coelacanth too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coelacanth

The coelacanths, which are related to lungfishes and tetrapods, were believed to have been extinct since the end of the Cretaceous period.[citation needed] More closely related to tetrapods than even the ray-finned fish, coelacanths were considered transitional species between fish and tetrapods.[citation needed] The first Latimeria specimen was found off the east coast of South Africa, off the Chalumna River (now Tyolomnqa) in 1938.[9] Museum curator Marjorie Courtenay-Latimer discovered the fish among the catch of a local angler, Captain Hendrick Goosen, on 22 December 1938.[9] A Rhodes university ichthyologist, J.L.B. Smith, confirmed the fish's importance with a famous cable: "MOST IMPORTANT PRESERVE SKELETON AND GILLS = FISH DESCRIBED".[9]

The discovery of a species still living, when they were believed to have gone extinct 66 million years previously, makes the coelacanth the best-known example of a Lazarus taxon, an evolutionary line that seems to have disappeared from the fossil record only to reappear much later. Since 1938, Latimeria chalumnae have been found in the Comoros, Kenya, Tanzania, Mozambique, Madagascar, and in iSimangaliso Wetland Park, Kwazulu-Natal in South Africa.

On the other hand none of the creatures in the pictures have a single hole in the wings.
Considering the number of hunters shown, and the small relative size of the vital area in seems impossible that not one of those creatures shows a single visible hole in the huge wing area.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2014, 09:28:21 AM »
Yeah, but if this thing was still around someone would have seen it. It's got a wingspan bigger than a Piper Cub!

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 03:37:51 AM »

Shoot the guns of history

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2014, 10:27:09 AM »
Are you sure it has not been mistaken for a piper cub ? look at what the anti's mistake for a "assault rifle"

brushmore

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2014, 10:37:26 AM »
Yeah, but if this thing was still around someone would have seen it.

Or show up on radar and get shot down by NORAD!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2014, 05:06:54 PM »
Wouldn't it have landed in Iran, and then been put on display?

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2014, 10:16:17 AM »
Or show up on radar and get shot down by NORAD!

Nay.  These things are natures on version of stealth bomber.   Low heat, noise and radar signature.  Santa's sleigh paints a bigger radar picture.  Not to mention the methane gas emissions by all those reindeers.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2014, 04:18:02 PM »
The NSA is disguising it's fleet of drones as pterodactyls so they are ignored by radar operators, military pilots and observers.  Any civilian sightings are "confirmed" as swamp gas or some other phenomenon to ensure the secrecy of the project.

The REAL pterodactyls are using this cover to breed and multiply and encroach on urban areas in increasing numbers.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk