Author Topic: We Love A Good Conspiracy  (Read 5257 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: We Love A Good Conspiracy
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 04:14:49 PM »
I have a cell phone, but I keep the battery charged outside the phone and only carry it if I will be driving outside the city.

My home phone has a ground line but the handset is wireless to the base station.

I understand the wireless conversation between the handset and base station can be monitored, but can the handset be activated independently as a listening device?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1119
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 10:53:00 PM »
I saw something you could buy in a catalog several years ago that you could hook up to your phone. When you put someone else on hold they don't hear anything at all but it turns their handset into a powerful microphone so you can hear anything going on in the whole room. I'm sure that the government with their budget has come up with better technology over the years.

P.S. This company used to have it in their catalog but not anymore. http://www.shomer-tec.com/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 890
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 04:32:25 AM »
The CIA has a kill switch for your pacemaker. You better watch what you say about them.   ;)

No need to worry about that, unless you have crossed Bill, Hillary, or Chelsea  ???
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 05:57:54 AM »
I can be killed.
I can't be intimidated.
When threatened I take it as a challenge.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2017, 07:55:00 AM »
Over recent years I have been paying attention to how much I do is trackable and revealing about my daily life.  Each day there are more gadgets and more "improvements" in the gadgets we have that invade our personal lives and privacy.  I am amazed when I turn on Facebook and see how many people have their phones revealing where they are.  I go places, and my phone will ask me to either post a picture of the place or report that I am there.  I have even been offered the option of having the phone post my whereabouts automatically.  I can't believe how many people find this important and even fun.

This month we started the process of preparing for elogs.  The Nanny State thinks they know better than us what we need for work time vs. rest time.  These computers track everything the truck does, and we have to log in to operate the truck.  Sad thing is that the way the laws are written, a nap to ensure alertness doesn't usually fit their requirements for break time, and for those of us who drink water to avoid kidney stones and gout and need to take a break every two to three hours get penalized for the quick 5 - 10 minute stops.

Besides having Uncle Sam riding on our dash, they can also track every move the truck makes.

Have you noticed over the last couple years every state has been posting highway on and off ramps as no parking?  That is because when the computer says it is time to stop, you must stop or risk hefty fines and increased insurance fees for breaking the law.  It doesn't matter that the rest areas are plugged full or there is no truck stop around.  You find a place to park, and you do it NOW.  I have talked to several drivers that have notes in their work files because of where they park to rest.  With the tracking the company knows where you park, and there is a whole list of "appropriate" locations, or should I say inappropriate locations for a truck to sit for the required break.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:11:51 PM »

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2017, 07:29:53 PM »
They only need a warrant to tap a landline or monitor your mail.
 The rest all falls under "public domain".

Actually, as far as the mail goes....I'll have to google it....but I think that now every piece of mail is photograped by the USPS sorting/handling machines.

So if you get any of the NRA periodicals like American Rifleman....yep!  The postal service knows who all the NRA members are.

And there is also a "mail covers" program, where without warrant, the post master snatches your mail and then hands it over to the police for them to peruse through.  Then the police give it back to the USPS and all you might notice is your mail is running a couple of days later than normal.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/08/03/us/postal-service-confirms-photographing-all-us-mail.html

https://www.theverge.com/2015/9/25/9398633/usps-mail-surveillance-audit

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2017, 09:27:55 PM »
They are reading all these posts through my new artificial lens. 

They know what I read, but they also know what you wrote.

I just got they voting issue of AR.  Should I be concerned?
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2017, 09:28:33 AM »
Bottom line is that privacy is an illusion, and only the ignorant are comfortable.  Sad thing is that many citizens actually want this invasion of our privacy in the name of safety.

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk