Author Topic: Show # 128 question  (Read 8220 times)

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Show # 128 question
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 10:38:11 AM »
I was back in my home recording studio, and I did some changes to the presets. It's amazing how tricky audio can be...and frustrating at times. I have a lot more respect for the strange hippie guys who set up sound for rock concerts!

I looked at the 92 as a takedown because I would like interchangeability of ammo with the 329. A long gun gives heavy bullet .44s a big UMMMMPH while keeping the recoil light. If I was going to go to a rifle caliber, I might look seriously at a 30-30, a great cartridge on "deer-sized game." That would be us.

I'm keeping away from semis because of various state laws in places like CA, NJ, CT and the like. It would be easy to say don't go to places like that, but not a realistic solution for most of us who travel.

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 10:46:32 AM »
 Is the Trapper version available in the take down model ? You could put pistol, rifle, and ammo in a large brief case.

pasotom

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 11:13:58 PM »
The suggested retail on a new 92 takedown is over 1k $ then a good action job is another125 $ .Which leaves very little price difference  between new 92 & older rifle caliber guns .

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 11:16:57 PM »
The suggested retail on a new 92 takedown is over 1k $ so price is about the same .

True, but with the rotary, instead of tube magazine you can use calibers like .308 with out being limited to "special" bullets.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:05:02 AM »

pasotom

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 11:40:20 PM »
A 94 Winchester in 30-30 is a fine rifle but I prefer the 38-55 with 245 grain bullets in 94 or Savage 99 . Old fashioned but what do you expect from a cowboy shooter .

seeker_two

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 05:12:31 AM »
True, but with the rotary, instead of tube magazine you can use calibers like .308 with out being limited to "special" bullets.

Speaking of rotary mags, I wonder if you could convert a Ruger 96 lever-action into a takedown rifle?....that way, you'd have .44Mag capability as well as detachable mag reloading capability....  ???

Another long-gun solution to consider is a double-barrel coach gun setup. Easy to disassemble into a small package, easy to find ammo (esp. in 12ga.), and stands out less to the general public....while looking pretty intimidating to the miscreant at whom it is aimed...

Stoeger has a few good setups for this need....

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/stoeger_coach_guns.php

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/stoeger_condor_outback.php

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/stoeger_double_defense.php
Why, yes....I'm the right-wing extremist Obama warned you about... ;D

I just wish Texas was as free and independent as everyone thinks it is...   :'(

pasotom

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 02:03:00 PM »
What fun ! After all the talk a totaly different rifle jumps up to fill the bill . The local Cabela's has several TDBLR's , but in calibers that scare me . One in 300WSSN , 1 in 325 , 1 in 300win . In a 6 1/2 # gun none of these look like fun  . Will keep my eyes open for a 308 .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk