Author Topic: Kangaroo Fillets with Quick Mustard Sauce  (Read 6153 times)

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Kangaroo Fillets with Quick Mustard Sauce
« on: December 21, 2009, 06:14:23 AM »
Kangaroo Fillets with Quick Mustard Sauce

3/4   cup   cream
2   tbl   chopped green shallots
2   tbl   whole-grain mustard
Salt to taste
Olive oil as needed
1 1/8   lb   kangaroo loin fillets

Method :
Prepare the sauce first. Place the cream, shallots and mustard in a pan, bring to the boil gently and simmer for 1 minute. Season to taste.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the fillets over a high heat for about 2 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a warmed plate and place into a warm oven to rest for a further 2 minutes.
Slice the fillets and serve with the hot sauce, baby potatoes and snow peas or beans.
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Kangaroo Fillets with Quick Mustard Sauce
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 09:41:41 AM »
I'm sure it would be a good recipe for venision too.  That I can get!  The lazy way even, don't have to sit out and get it then dress it.  The neighbor and a co-worker bring it by when they can't fit it all in their freezer.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 10:11:18 AM »
I'm sure it would be a good recipe for venision too.  That I can get!  The lazy way even, don't have to sit out and get it then dress it.  The neighbor and a co-worker bring it by when they can't fit it all in their freezer.

That's a heck of a deal.  ;D
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 10:19:34 AM »
We're having a wild game feed at church the middle of January. Somehow, I doubt that we'll be seeing any 'roo on the menu.  :(
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

JSC3ATLCSO

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 03:10:05 PM »
I wish that it was easier to get in the States. I would love to try some but it is WAY to damn expensive here.  Aren't those things like a nuisance in Au?  Why can't we get the meat cheaper if they are?

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:20:58 PM »

Badgersmilk

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 03:51:45 PM »
I thought you Aussie's considered roo's to be "rodents"?!?  What up with the rat samiches???

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 07:39:28 PM »
I thought you Aussie's considered roo's to be "rodents"?!?  What up with the rat samiches???

they taste good though  ;D

the 5 foot bunnies   we have heaps of them  however the likes of PETA  ALF  and insert minority greeny group here   have an issue with they culling process of them.

when a female  is shot  you need to check the pouch for pinkies  or larger joey  and they must be killed  as well by a blow to the head they say it is inhumain    so leaving them to starve is a better option i guess  :-\  the other thing is they would in the over populated aria's  let them starve and get sick instead of culling them  to thin the numbers out to make the aria sustainable 

others have an issue eating our one of the animals on out coat of arms (   my self I like eating both of them hehe )
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk