Author Topic: An e-mail to the Muslim Student's Association  (Read 5212 times)

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
An e-mail to the Muslim Student's Association
« on: March 04, 2008, 09:47:15 AM »
The story begins at Michigan State University with a mechanical engineering professor named Indrek Wichman. Wichman sent an e-mail to the Muslim Student's Association. The e-mail was in response to the students' protest of the Danish cartoons that portrayed the Prophet Muhammad as a terrorist. The group had complained the cartoons were 'hate speech.' Enter Professor Wichman. In his e-mail, he said the
following: Dear Moslem Association: As a professor of Mechanical Engineering here at MSU I intend to protest your protest. I am offended not by cartoons, but by more mundane things like beheadings of civilians, cowardly attacks on public buildings, suicide murders, murders of Catholic priests (the latest in Turkey ), burnings of Christian churches, the continued persecution of Coptic Christians in Egypt , the impositi on of Sharia law on non-Muslims, the rapes of Scandinavian girls and women (called 'whores' in your culture), the murder of film directors in Holland, and the rioting and looting in Paris France. This is what offends me, a soft-spoken person and
academic, and many, many of my colleagues. I counsel you dissatisfied, aggressive, brutal, and uncivilized slave-trading Moslems to be very aware of this as you proceed with your infantile 'protests.' If you do not like the values of the West - see the 1st Amendment - you are free to leave. I hope for God's sake that most of you choose that option Please return to your ancestral homelands and build them up yourselves instead of troubling Americans.

Cordially,
S. Wichman
Professor of Mechanical Engineering

As you can imagine, the Muslim group at the university didn't like this too well. They're demanding that Wichman be reprimanded and the university impose mandatory diversity training for faculty and mandate a seminar on hate and discrimination for all freshmen. Now the local chapter of CAIR has jumped into the fray. CAIR, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, apparently doesn't believe that the good professor had the right to express his opinion. For its part, the university is standing its ground in support of Professor Wichman , saying the e-mail was private, and they don't intend to publicly condemn his remarks.

For all you checkers of snopes ...:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/wichman.asp
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: An e-mail to the Muslim Student's Association
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 09:54:32 AM »
I Remember hearing about this.

One of the truest letters ever written!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Dharmaeye

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 10:46:29 AM »
Remember freedom of speech. Must be supported at all costs as without it the second amendment is meaningless.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 11:13:39 AM »
Good for him, I'm glad the school is standing behind him.

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 12:56:04 PM »
One day, Western civilization will realize that Islam is not a"religion" as we usually conceive them to be, and therefore not worthy of those civil accommodations. It is a body of law and government, war, conquest and oppression, finely and intricately interwoven with enough mysticism to make it appear as if directed by a higher power. I've studied their book. It is, at best, a unification, no, an amalgamation of church and State. Not a good analogy, because the concept of State plays no part in Islam. Simply, sand Borg(*Star Trek). CAIR- Don't ask for an apology. I'll kiss Hillary full on the lips in Times Square first!  Molon Labe.
Mac. 

Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:10:42 AM »

uspsmark

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 01:31:36 PM »
It's nice to see someone from a profession that is composed of mostly die-hard liberals stand up for what he feels is right.  My hat's off to the good professor.

Bill Stryker

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 03:57:50 PM »
As a U of Mich grad, MA + in military history 1972. I feel compelled to note that the good professor was from the Engineering Department.

We were attending the school at an interesting time. I was promoted to Major while I was there. There were daily anti war protests then. At first the leftists ruled the student government. That is until their overreaching caused the business and engineering students to revolt and "turn the rascals out." It was a wonderful event.

I must also note that at that time there was support for military historians in the generally left leaning history department.  I could tell some stories, but this is enough.

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 12:16:17 PM »
In the mean time we build foot washers for our university's and give Muslim women private time in the gyms to exercise.   ::)
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

ismram

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 01:29:38 PM »
One day, Western civilization will realize that Islam is not a"religion" as we usually conceive them to be, and therefore not worthy of those civil accommodations. It is a body of law and government, war, conquest and oppression, finely and intricately interwoven with enough mysticism to make it appear as if directed by a higher power. I've studied their book. It is, at best, a unification, no, an amalgamation of church and State. Not a good analogy, because the concept of State plays no part in Islam. Simply, sand Borg(*Star Trek). CAIR- Don't ask for an apology. I'll kiss Hillary full on the lips in Times Square first!  Molon Labe.
Mac. 

Well said Mac! I aggree with you completely! (Not the part about kissing Hillary on the lips! YUK!!! I'd kiss Bill first!)
IDPA, NRA (IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR MILITARY PLEASE STAND IF FRONT OF THEM!!!)

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 03:08:48 PM »
Well said Mac! I aggree with you completely! (Not the part about kissing Hillary on the lips! YUK!!! I'd kiss Bill first!)

((((mumbling to myself and digging in a box of stuff)))) *Dang it.. WHERE in the hell did I put that camera*  ;D
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk