Author Topic: Not ALL politicians have lost thier minds  (Read 5246 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
Re: Not ALL politicians have lost thier minds
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 10:51:09 AM »
A rep from VPC and the company that has the microstaping technology were pretty much the only FOR speakers and reps from NSSF, NRA, and regular gun owners were present AGAINST.

This has the stink of a business plan I learned while in emergency medicine and in my current profession where I need to deal with OSHA and blood borne pathogen concerns.  Long ago I learned that to make a lot of cash all you need to do is come up with a product and convince the Gov. that it is needed for Ambulances or Fire Trucks.  Pretty soon you are the only supplier of a protected product that everyone needs.  Currently we are dealing with rules in Minnesota that say we need "blunt" needles - anyone ever remember the rule that the most dangerous tool is a dull tool?  Or how about the self covering scalpel or needle - if you think messing with a safety on the gun is a pain, you should try wearing a double layer of surgical gloves and manipulating a spring loaded cover on something while trying to remember why you have the tool in your hand to begin with.

If we get the rest of the change in DC this fall, and as companies come up with weird ideas like micro stamping ammo, or maybe even the "Judge Dredd" idea of DNA id on fired bullets, we will face more and more proposals like this.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Not ALL politicians have lost thier minds
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 12:36:59 PM »
This has the stink of a business plan I learned while in emergency medicine and in my current profession where I need to deal with OSHA and blood borne pathogen concerns.  Long ago I learned that to make a lot of cash all you need to do is come up with a product and convince the Gov. that it is needed for Ambulances or Fire Trucks.  Pretty soon you are the only supplier of a protected product that everyone needs.  Currently we are dealing with rules in Minnesota that say we need "blunt" needles - anyone ever remember the rule that the most dangerous tool is a dull tool?  Or how about the self covering scalpel or needle - if you think messing with a safety on the gun is a pain, you should try wearing a double layer of surgical gloves and manipulating a spring loaded cover on something while trying to remember why you have the tool in your hand to begin with.

If we get the rest of the change in DC this fall, and as companies come up with weird ideas like micro stamping ammo, or maybe even the "Judge Dredd" idea of DNA id on fired bullets, we will face more and more proposals like this.

Exactly!  That is why we must keep our eyes and ears open and then spread the word when this type of thing appears.

Ever Vigilant!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk