Author Topic: Maybe I'm Crazy!  (Read 6680 times)

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Maybe I'm Crazy!
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 01:34:32 PM »
G 13-Got a WINNER!!
And, of course, you too Marshal!
Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

swifteagle

• Forum Member
    • Dustin's Gun Blog
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 06:17:03 PM »
The big task here is to find a teacher willing to actually shoot a perp that may very well be one of their own students. Good luck finding that person. What are the odds of one being among the teacher ranks at a school. Few and far between. The Government should turn enough money loose to allow them to hire decent security for schools.

The schools already have plenty of money - much more on an adjusted dollar/student basis than they did when I was a kid, yet quality of education has drastically fallen.  What they have is a problem with a lack of money management skills, not a lack of money.  When I went to High School there was one Principle, one VP, and a single office secretary.  That was it for the school administration staff - everyone else in the education system were teachers.  Now they have 20 VP's, 20 "councilors" 15 secretaries, a 3 story building full of administration people for the state public education building, etc for the same number of students.  It's too much money wasted on too much administration that is the issue, not too little money.  But that's a whole different topic so I'll get back on the thread now.

It will not be hard for any teacher to shoot an armed student that is shooting other students.  In any persons mind such a murderer transforms into the image of a monster that must be stopped at any cost.  Such a monster is no longer a beloved student.  Remember the Professor who used himself as a shield against the bullets at VT while holding the door closed to give his students time to escape out the windows?  Most any teacher or professor of any sex will be willing to make great sacrifices to protect his or her students.

Allowing 21 yr old & up adults to conceal carry on school grounds (teachers, students, parents, etc) would also be a good idea.  Placing a stupid sign up on a wall that says "gun free zone" does not make it so.  It would be more correct to call it a victim disarmament zone or easy target zone.  Anyone willing to commit murder is no longer going to care about a silly gun free zone rule, although they have repeatedly been found to seek gun free zones out in their effort to get a high body count without the fear of any armed opposition.  They wouldn't want an armed civilian to stop them before they are able to complete their plan.
My Blog: Dustin's Gun Blog

Memberships: NRA USCCA SAF AZCDL NWSA

According to the National Safety Council, we are more likely to die in a bicycle accident or plane crash than an accidental gun shooting.  We should  ban bicycles & planes before banning guns.

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 12:40:38 AM »
A lot of people who ARE NOT planning on committing murder don't care about "gun free" zones either.

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 06:04:26 AM »
True, so true Tom.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk