Author Topic: CRKT Provoke morphing karambit knife  (Read 3648 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
Re: CRKT Provoke morphing karambit knife
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2020, 05:00:46 AM »
That knife is very interesting but it looks like the area around the finger hole is small. That makes me think it would be a very weak point. If the knife were to get slapped sideways while open and hit something I would think it will snap in half?????

I don't know what would happen. When I try to wiggle it sideways fairly hard it barely moves and sometimes I can't tell it's moving at all. It feels stronger than a lot of other knives I have. If anyone tries to slap it out of my hand I'll be sure to post the results if I'm able to. I can barely get the ring all the way on and off my ring finger which I'm guessing is around size 15. I can get the index or middle finger on either hand in to the second joint where it stops like it hit a brick wall. I just checked the size of the hole with a 7/8" HSS twist drill bit like this one and it slid right over the bit, no problem. It's not much bigger than 7/8" but it is a hair or two bigger than that.

P.S. It's Chinese-made but looks really good for Chinese. At first I thought I felt the thumb stud twist back and forth but I guess not.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2021, 01:48:29 AM »
There were a lot of people who were interested in the Provoke knife but not willing to drop 200 bucks on one. So CRKT came out with 2 new ones with Grivory thermoplastic handles for $99. So far the only colors are Orange and Zap. They discontinued the Earth color last year, but have the much better looking Desert Sand. I like that color better than mine. If they made Grivory handles in more tactical type colors, like FDE, stealth gray, black, ranger green or forest, they could sell a lot more IMO. But I think they'd rather sell more $200 knives than $99 knives. If you want tactical colors, pay tacticool prices. If you want cheap prices, get jelly bean colors.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2021, 11:33:56 PM »
Now they have a Provoke with Veff serrations. The Veff serrations pulls fibrous stuff like rope down into them so it cuts REALLY well. Too bad I don't have this one. In sand color.. Grivory. ::) They can't can't please everybody. Maybe that's why I had to buy 3 more knives. ;)

https://www.crkt.com/knife-design/designers/tom-veff-edgeologist/

https://www.crkt.com/provoke-with-veff-serrations.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk