Author Topic: What do you think of this holster?  (Read 5830 times)

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
What do you think of this holster?
« on: May 13, 2013, 11:36:50 AM »
I finally ventured out of my tiny town and into some gun stores this past Friday. I saw a new holster style for the first time. It's called the versa carry http://www.versacarry.com/versacarry-semi-auto-model.html. I'm very happy with my current carry methods and don't intend to switch. I'm just curious as to the group's opinion. There's just something unnerving about having something stuck in the barrel of my self defense firearm.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: What do you think of this holster?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 12:19:43 PM »
I finally ventured out of my tiny town and into some gun stores this past Friday. I saw a new holster style for the first time. It's called the versa carry http://www.versacarry.com/versacarry-semi-auto-model.html. I'm very happy with my current carry methods and don't intend to switch. I'm just curious as to the group's opinion. There's just something unnerving about having something stuck in the barrel of my self defense firearm.

Biggest drawback I see is that there is nothing between you and the gun except whatever clothing you may be wearing at the time.

For me, this presents two problems.

1.  the gun is exposed to maximum perspiration.

2.  and more important to me is that when sitting the back of the slide would "dig in" and be uncomfortable.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 02:42:46 PM »
Nope. I like the weapon contained within the holster. It's just me.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 02:45:44 PM »
I saw an advertisement for those .
The 2 issues I had were ;
1, It claimed to "secure" the pistol in place , I didn't see any kind of retaining strap so I don't know how it would do that.
2, It looked like it would take attention to fit the muzzle over the rod to reholster, taking your attention off potential further threats. There was a reason swordsmen learned to sheath their blade with out looking at it.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 05:02:59 PM »
Cute, but no cigar.  Rather have something "containing" the firearm.  Holding it away from my skin.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:20:59 PM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 07:14:32 PM »
interesting.    that might work.  I would not use it iwb for reason mention above.   its really not my cup of tea, I like leather, but it might work well for like idpa.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 08:28:23 PM »
From the FAQs:

12. Can a user carry with the Versacarry cocked and locked?
 No, we do not recommend carrying cocked and locked. Like many in the firearm industry, we have adopted safety warnings that insure anyone who uses a firearm is safe. We can not know the level of firearm or safety training a user may have, so for safety, we recommend not carrying a loaded firearm. Any user should always fully read their firearm's instruction manual and carry under the manufacturers recommendations.
----------------------------------------------------------
Sounds like a BS gimmick to me. If I carry my gun unloaded, I might as well just leave it in the safe.  ::)
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 09:02:23 PM »
COcked and locked is the safest way to carry I know of.   you need to do 3 things for the gun to go bang.   a glock you need to do just 1.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 01:52:47 AM »
COcked and locked is the safest way to carry I know of.   you need to do 3 things for the gun to go bang.   a glock you need to do just 1.

Which is why I carry a Glock.  ;D
Revolver like point and click interface but with only a 5#, 1/2" trigger travel.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 02:21:03 AM »
The term disaster waiting to happen comes to mind.
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk