Author Topic: Good book  (Read 3665 times)

tombogan03884

Good book
« on: February 16, 2016, 06:29:06 AM »
I just got done reading an interesting book by Micheal Crichton, (Jurassic Park)
It's called "State of Fear".
I guess it's been out for a few years, but every one should read it.
The actual story pretty much sucks, it's not very realistic and poorly structured.
BUT, as with many of his books the science is absolutely fascinating.
This one deals with global warming. The first 1/3 contains the usual BS, but once the "hero" shows up e starts handing out information that totally destroys everything you think you know about  "global Warming" and includes the citations and references to back it up. I checked a few of them online to double check, and they do say what he claims they say, Antarctica is getting COLDER, and has been for years.
 The Sahara desert has been shrinking for years.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: Good book
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 07:04:21 AM »
Regardless if you believe in "Global Warming" or not. It is completely idiotic to think that man is the cause of it.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 10:12:45 AM »
Am currently reading the book....slowly..and came across a post that fit the subject.

"The Arctic ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consulafft, at Bergen, Norway."

Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds."

I apologize, I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2, 1922. As reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post - 88 years ago!

A link to the original article at this link:  http://mausersandmuffins.blogspot.com/

As noted in the book, antarctic warming has been continuous for 6000 years and has just started to reverse this trent to cooling since 1979.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 10:26:58 AM »
What I cannot understand about any of this "Global Warming" nonsense, is if the Earth is constantly evolving, and man has zero control over any of this evolvement, why even worry about any of it? It's like worrying about the asteroid. There isn't anything any of us can do about it, regardless of how much we care.

alfack

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 12:06:21 PM »

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:03:17 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 12:11:24 PM »
Here are some revealing insights:

http://realclimatescience.com/2016/03/noaa-radiosonde-data-shows-no-warming-for-58-years/

Still more confusion. For every "scientist" that claims "Global Warming" exists, there are others that say it doesn't. And they provide equally convincing data to prove it. I believe the people who are pushing this have a political agenda, pure and simple. It's the liberals who push it, and the conservatives who claim it's non existent. Al Gore has personally made millions off of this whole thing. That right there should raise the bullshit flag to new heights.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 12:38:27 PM »
That right there should raise the bullshit flag to new heights.

Do any liberals you know even know what a bullshit flag is and how to spot one?

I do not think they know how to spot one but they are sure good at flying one high.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 12:41:52 PM »
The idea of "man made climate change" was first introduced as a propaganda effort by the Soviet KGB in the 1980's in an effort to prevent US missiles being based in West Germany. When the information planted on Carl Sagan was eventually peer reviewed it discredited him so badly that he lost his job, and TV show and was not heard of again till his death.
Of course our Democrats had embraced it with out question as they do every statement by US enemies.
When the end of the "Cold War" removed the threat of Soviet missiles this was resurrected by Al Gore as a method of instilling the state of public fear required to justify govt regulation with the added benefits to progressives of crippling Western industry and making some of them, like Fat Albert, even richer than they were.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 08:37:52 AM »
I would guess most here have noticed the name of the "threat" has been changed from Global Warming to Climate Change.

Reason is that the evidence for Global Warming is very thin, where as Climate Change cannot be denied...it happens just like Sun Rise and Sun Set. 

And like Sun Rise/Set it has happened for many millennia without being effected by the activities of humans....and they will continue to do so.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 11:10:21 AM »
On the book, I've gone back to his first book, which he wrote under a pen name to raise money to pay for medical school.  It's a who-done-what-it based on abortion issue.  He only touches on the political issue a little, most of the rest is investigative drama.

The USAG, Lynch, has considered bringing a civil suit against "climate deniers" under the RICO.  Boy talk about 1st Amendment violation.  On top of that you start dragging out experts like Dr. Curry from Ga Tech who will tell you, yes the climate's changing always has, always will, but NO man's got almost nothing to do with it.  Any civil case would be in big do-do.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk