Author Topic: Wyoming to possibly repeal "Gun free zones"  (Read 10393 times)

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Wyoming to possibly repeal "Gun free zones"
« on: January 29, 2015, 09:56:34 AM »
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150128/wyoming-gun-free-zones-act-repeal-legislation-passes-house-committee-sent-to-house-floor

It went through committee with an 8-1 vote. Looks like we have the support in the full house. Will be watching this closely and update!!!!
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

tombogan03884

Re: Wyoming to possibly repeal "Gun free zones"
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 01:14:39 PM »
Good luck !

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 12:53:22 PM »
http://wyomingpublicmedia.org/post/house-passes-repeal-gun-free-zone-without-debate

Passed the house with NO debate. On to the Senate, and I am fairly confident that the Governor will sign it.

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 04:35:03 PM »
As of 2/2/15 The bill has cleared the House completely. Moves to the Senate for final reading and debate. If it makes it through the State Senate without amendments, it moves to the Governor.

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 08:43:18 AM »
2/16/15 UPDATE......

I spoke with one of our local legislators about this on Friday night. As of right now the state Senate is trying to kill this bill. They have moved it to the Senate Education Committee The hearing is on Thursday and I have been asked to testify before the committee.

It's 4 republicans and 1 democrat, so common sense may sneak in. I am preparing a statement and trying to find out as much as I can about who I'm speaking to. Hoping to find something that I can use. For right now I am using Columbine, the murder at Casper College. (Happened the day I first met Michael Bane) and the shooting at the Canadian Parliament.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:16:41 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 01:34:53 PM »
Cool !

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 09:13:39 AM »
Here is the statement that I am giving this afternoon.

I am here today to testify in favor of HB 114. As you are aware this bill allows citizens with CCW’s to carry into places that are now called gun free zones. However, we have seen by recent events that these places are not gun free. In fact they have been used by deranged spree killers as slaughterhouses, plan and simple. They are fully aware that they will not meet armed resistance, and can achieve a substantial body count before anyone will show up to stop them.
These are the very places that we need, more than ever, to be able to defend ourselves and our neighbors. These are the places where horrific tragedies are happening with more frequency.

Normally the response from legislative bodies such as this is to clamp down even harder. To put even more restrictions on our right to defend ourselves. Today this body has a chance to do something that no one else has had the courage to do. You have the chance to pass a bill that will ensure that the state of Wyoming will never see a Columbine, or a Sandy Hook, or even a Canadian Parliament incident. Criminals will think twice before attempting a massacre at a school, or a government building. Because they will know, that somewhere in that crowd, someone has the ability to stop them.

This is especially true in our schools. As it stands our teachers and our children are completely defenseless when they are at school. We will all remember the incident with Christopher Krumm at Casper College. While this may have been a more targeted incident, it proves that even in Wyoming, we are not immune to extreme violence in our public facilities.

I realise that many will tell you that this is unnecessary and that we have the police to protect us. What they will not confess to is that the police are under no obligation to protect us as individuals. (Warren v. District of Columbia 1981)
Also consider that Wyoming only has 1,961 sworn law enforcement officers total. (U.S. Bureau of of Justice 2008) You must also take into account the response times.
Compare that to having over 25,000 CCW holders in Wyoming with approximately 250-350 new applications every month. (Wyoming Department of Criminal Investigation 2011) Is it not substantially more likely that a CCW holder would be in a position to stop an act of violence in our public facilities? The likelihood that a CCW holder would be at the scene if an incident were to occur is very good. This means that the response time to the incident would be measured in seconds.   

The media and gun control advocates like to portray us as vigilantes, and that we are looking for a fight. This couldn’t be further from the truth. We look at the world and acknowledge that evil does exist. We understand that in a free society we are responsible for our own safety. We do not take this responsibility lightly. We are people that you see everyday, we interact with you at the grocery store, and at our children's soccer games. Yet no one ever knows that we are quietly protecting everyone around us. Isn’t it time that we are able to provide that protection in our public facilities?

I hope that I have given you cause to consider pushing this bill through. Despite what the opponents will tell you, this bill WILL make our public facilities safer. Our children, our teachers, and our public officials will be better protected. Common sense has always kept Wyoming one of the best places to live, and raise our families. And now we have the chance to make our public buildings the safest in the nation.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 12:33:57 PM »
Good job !!!!!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 05:43:37 PM »
Plain and simple.....check spelling   plan and simple
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 05:46:54 PM »
And Very Good Job.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk