Author Topic: Cool Rifle Shoot  (Read 5052 times)

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cool Rifle Shoot
« on: September 16, 2008, 04:33:13 PM »
I don't have the weapons for it, but the club I belong to had a really cool shoot the other day. It was a rifle shoot for ONLY old military weapons. No black weapons, no 223 (current models)
You should have seen all the wood stocks! I don't even know what I was looking at most of the time but it was great. Great shooting too. They had to do so much in prone position, so much sitting, so much standing...all a lot of fun it looked like.

Makes me want to sell everything and run out and buy that Garand I've always wanted.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 877
Re: Cool Rifle Shoot
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 05:04:16 PM »
   ::)  Any PICTURES Jay???   ::)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 05:32:51 PM »
I don't have the weapons for it, but the club I belong to had a really cool shoot the other day. It was a rifle shoot for ONLY old military weapons. No black weapons, no 223 (current models)
You should have seen all the wood stocks! I don't even know what I was looking at most of the time but it was great. Great shooting too. They had to do so much in prone position, so much sitting, so much standing...all a lot of fun it looked like.

Makes me want to sell everything and run out and buy that Garand I've always wanted.

Pick up an Ishapore .308 ($170)
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

bryand71

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 05:40:56 PM »

Sounds like you saw a Vintage Military Rifle match, it is basically a High Power match shot with military rifles manufactured before the '60's. I shoot in a match like that once a month with my No.4 Enfield in .303, I really like it. The best part is no-one has any big advantage over anybody else as long as your gun is fairly accurate.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." [Samuel Adams]

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 09:10:33 PM »
Pick up an Ishapore .308 ($170)
Is that something I'll find at a local shop or is it gun show material?
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:39:47 PM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 09:42:22 PM »
It's a C&R gun.  SOG has 'em.  http://www.southernohiogun.com/
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 01:11:58 AM »

If you think it's so much fun try getting into a PROPER sitting position   ;D The Ishipore is an Indian made Enfield in .308  Some one once classified WWI rifles this way, The Springfield was the best match rifle, The Mauser was the best hunting rifle, the Enfield was the best BATTLE rifle and the Nagant wasn't on the list.

DesertMarine

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 06:19:18 AM »
Pretty good Tom.

Another good rifle for the Vintage Military Match is a 6.5 X 55 Swedish Mauser, if you can find one.  Ballastics are great in the 6.5, low-recoil and accurate.  I inherited one from a close friend and love to shoot it.
DesertMarine

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 11:16:38 AM »
Pretty good Tom.

Another good rifle for the Vintage Military Match is a 6.5 X 55 Swedish Mauser, if you can find one.  Ballastics are great in the 6.5, low-recoil and accurate.  I inherited one from a close friend and love to shoot it.

A friend of mine has about 20 rifles but his 6.5 Swedish Mauser is his favorite .

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 10:41:12 AM »
It's a C&R gun.  SOG has 'em.  http://www.southernohiogun.com/

Everyone needs to have a C&R license. They are inexpensive (my renewal was $30 for 3 years), and if you can pass a background check for a CHL or just to purchase a weapon, you can get a C&R from the fed. Any C&R marked firearm can be shipped directly to you.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk