Author Topic: Where does the hatred of guns come from?  (Read 10598 times)

BBJohnnyT

• NRA Endowment Member
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Where does the hatred of guns come from?
« on: January 17, 2013, 09:51:50 AM »
The gun haters have always been around, but boy, have they become emboldened lately.  In listening to all the noise from them and the media lately, you would think that AR-15s, and guns in general, are the Devil. 

But why do they hate guns so much and why is it that the vast majority of gun haters are liberal Statists? What is the root source of this hatred? I gave it much thought and came up with this... Their hatred of firearms has nothing to do with "saving lives" or "protecting children". They simply hate what guns represent. Things like liberty, challenges to the whims of the State, self-reliance and protection. These values are anathema to their Collective minds. A gun is a common tool of those believe in Individualism instead of Collectivism. And since most liberal Statists are Secularists at heart, their only recourse is more laws, since government is their god.  Laws are the only redoubt of Secularists, as Gov Perry eloquently stated today.

Simple as that.
"If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns." - Edward Abbey

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Where does the hatred of guns come from?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »
I agree, BB, with most of it.

I have called that phenomenon The Pringles Syndrome.

The need and desire for everyone to fit in the same 'can' and stack nicely. 

No one who is individual enough to own and become proficient with firearms will every be made to climb into that can.  They might foolishly do it, but they can't be counted on to do it and they can resist if forced.

Most liberal Statists might be Secularists, but that does not mean Secularists tend to be Statists or that non-Secularists tend not to be.  I see a lot of conformity in non-Secularists groups.. just substituting one source of proscribed behavior with another.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

oldkat69

• Fides sed veritas
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 10:47:03 AM »
 ???  I think Lt Col. Dave Grossman would attribute it to denial.

If we acknowledge the existence of firearms then we must acknowledge the existence of both good and EVIL and that

firearms can be used either for good or evil.   That being the case a person must be responsible for his her own conduct and prepare

for the conduct of others though they can not control it.  Unfortunately the liberal mind response to this is best displayed by the photo below.

I used to be open minded but my brain kept falling out.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 10:52:55 AM »
Look at who, besides our own subversives, have implemented arms control through the centuries and it becomes blindingly clear .
Lets list more recent examples 3, The Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, and communist China .
The only purpose of gun control is to enable oppression of the population by denying them the means of effective resistance.

BBJohnnyT

• NRA Endowment Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 11:01:56 AM »
Most liberal Statists might be Secularists, but that does not mean Secularists tend to be Statists or that non-Secularists tend not to be.  I see a lot of conformity in non-Secularists groups.. just substituting one source of proscribed behavior with another.

Good point.  Individualism/Collectivism and Secularism/Spiritualism are not bound to each other.  Just from my experience, almost all of the hard core anti-gunners I've encountered seem to be Statists who are both Collectivists and Secularists.  In thinking about it some more, it seems that being a Secularist or Spiritualist doesn't have as much bearing.  But I've never met a Collectivist who liked a gun.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:12:00 AM »

BBJohnnyT

• NRA Endowment Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 11:04:20 AM »
Look at who, besides our own subversives, have implemented arms control through the centuries and it becomes blindingly clear .
Lets list more recent examples 3, The Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, and communist China .

Exactly.  They are all Collectivist regimes, regardless of their "right wing/left wing" ideologies.  Collectivists do not tolerate challenges to State authority.

BBJohnnyT

• NRA Endowment Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 11:14:43 AM »
BTW, this series is probably the best I've seen on clearly describing the differences between Individualism and Collectivism.  As you'll see, it has nothing to do with Repulican vs Democrat or even right wing vs left wing.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 11:20:05 AM »
Check this out .

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 05:36:10 PM »
also comes from ignorance, 

and most people that say they Hate guns,   only here and see bad things about them  from the media and movies or what they are told from there mates about them

they have not handled one before 

today and tomorrow we have Schutzenfest  (  'Shooting Festival' )  run by the German club it is a  popular festival with the attendance being around 20,000, there is German food, beverages ( most say it is about the festing and less about schutzen ) , dancing and music. A shooting competition also occurs.

I am there both days  for the shooting as I am one of the RO's we put though around 2000 people  that line up for about an hour to have a go,  ( we have 15 positions to shoot from with a comp air rifles )  most have never shot before  and it is a great to see the smiles on people  and to there amassment  it is safe and fun,   

this year is the 50th anniversary.

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 05:58:25 PM »
also comes from ignorance, 

and most people that say they Hate guns,   only here and see bad things about them  from the media and movies or what they are told from there mates about them

they have not handled one before 

today and tomorrow we have Schutzenfest  (  'Shooting Festival' )  run by the German club it is a  popular festival with the attendance being around 20,000, there is German food, beverages ( most say it is about the festing and less about schutzen ) , dancing and music. A shooting competition also occurs.

I am there both days  for the shooting as I am one of the RO's we put though around 2000 people  that line up for about an hour to have a go,  ( we have 15 positions to shoot from with a comp air rifles )  most have never shot before  and it is a great to see the smiles on people  and to there amassment  it is safe and fun,   

this year is the 50th anniversary.

That's great the more that learn the better! Maybe oneday you will be able to let them shoot more than air guns, that will really put a smile on there face.
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk