Author Topic: Where does the hatred of guns come from?  (Read 10600 times)

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Where does the hatred of guns come from?
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 06:08:46 PM »

That's great the more that learn the better! Maybe oneday you will be able to let them shoot more than air guns, that will really put a smile on there face.

:)   yep 

however when you are in a Park in the City  all SAPOL will approve is air rifle I will get a few pics and start a new thread showing the set up .
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

MLC

• Active Forum Member
    • Place where I post things
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 08:28:12 PM »
Agreed, PhilW!  Ignorance is a powerful weapon in the hands of the gun grabbers.  In the recent discussion, I know people who have either been uninterested fence sitters, or very casual gun owners, who just felt like "something" had to be done.  They rightly felt awful about what happened, and rightly wanted something like that to never happen again.  Unfortunately, they were manipulated by MSM(aka the Ministry of Truth, a wholly owned subsidiary of the DNC).  They heard about these evil, scary assault rifles that are murdery and evil, and just didn't have the correct information to work from.

I guess, in short, a lot of the fear comes from ignorance coupled with a very powerful and well put together propaganda campaign.  On the bright side, most fence sitters, and people who genuinely don't know any better, are fairly easily lead back to the path of what I like to call "notstupid". 

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 09:02:21 PM »
Agreed, PhilW!  Ignorance is a powerful weapon in the hands of the gun grabbers.  In the recent discussion, I know people who have either been uninterested fence sitters, or very casual gun owners, who just felt like "something" had to be done.  They rightly felt awful about what happened, and rightly wanted something like that to never happen again.  Unfortunately, they were manipulated by MSM(aka the Ministry of Truth, a wholly owned subsidiary of the DNC).   They heard about these evil, scary assault rifles that are murdery and evil, and just didn't have the correct information to work from.

I guess, in short, a lot of the fear comes from ignorance coupled with a very powerful and well put together propaganda campaign.  On the bright side, most fence sitters, and people who genuinely don't know any better, are fairly easily lead back to the path of what I like to call "notstupid". 
Really? Dude, if you think the Mitt Romney wing of the GOP is pro-gun, and Dems like Harry Reid and Max Baucus give a damn about Sarah Brady, you seriously need to pull your head out of your ass. It ain't about party. Guns are no more a partisan issue than abortion or gay rights or the drug war. If you try to make them one you'll alinate allies. There are individualists and collectivists in both parties. If you leave the party labels out of it, they will unite on either side of these fundamental issues that revolve around individual rights versus state control. We can argue over FP, healthcare, and the tax code, but when you come for my guns, or try to tell a woman she can't control her own body, or dictate who I can sleep with, or what I can ingest? Then we have issues, and party has nothing to do with it. Don't buy into the big lie that the two parties cover the spectrum of American political thought.

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 11:20:19 PM »
Then why is gun control , specifically another AWB a plank of the Dem party platform and opposing control is one of the few things the Republican Party is consistent about ?

bulldog75

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 04:08:57 AM »
I think that the Democrats are people who are basically cowards. They are not the hearty souls who settled this land and worked hard to make it work. They are those that followed the pioneers and freeloaded off of their accomplishments. They are a leach that freeloads off of a strong host. Hence why most of the democrat politicians are lawyers. They do not want to earn a living they just want a fast buck. They hide behind real men and women (military, and law enforcement) who scare off the evil that they deem at a threat. There are four types of people I see in this country. Sheep mostly the democrat voters. They just want to go with the flow and not make any waves and want protected. Sheepdogs those that protect what are theirs and others (military, law enforcement, people who would protect themselves). Wolves which are criminals and people that would do us harm foreign and domestic. And last but not least the scavengers, democrat politicians. Those that are too scared to face the real threats but want the honey without the danger of getting it.
Citizens sleep peacfully at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:52:30 PM »

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 12:24:37 PM »
This is a complex issue.  It is related to the fact that individuals can examine the same set of facts and data and come up with different conclusions.  Facts are facts but they are processed through our own experience and point for view.  Now toss in power, influence and money into the pot and issues become even more convoluted.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”

― Groucho Marx
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 07:59:09 AM »
It comes from ignorance along with pure stupidity, as well as not being able to think rationally for yourself. Not liking guns, or having no interest in guns is perfectly acceptable. But "hating" them is brought about by stupidity, and following liberal educators who don't want you to think for yourself, and form your own opinions after digesting all of the facts surrounding the issue. Just believe what they tell you. Hatred is to be leveled at ACTIONS, not something to be leveled at a piece of  MACHINERY that has no will of it's own. There is no more sense in hating guns than there is hating old tires and batteries.

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 08:49:45 AM »
There are 2 causes for the "hatred of guns" .
One is the small group of activists working to undermine and destroy the American Republic .
The other is the mindless mass that have been indoctrinated to do as they are told, and think as they are told by the media and their betters.
You ever notice that at TEA party events, and other pro gun events the protest signs are hand lettered and seldom alike, where as at Union rallies, anti gun protests, or other Dem organized events the signs are all the same and professionally printed ?

JLawson

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 11:01:13 AM »
... You ever notice that at TEA party events, and other pro gun events the protest signs are hand lettered and seldom alike, where as at Union rallies, anti gun protests, or other Dem organized events the signs are all the same and professionally printed ?

That's a very good point.  I also think it's a matter of efficiency.  When you bus people in to the event and pay them to protest, it is a lot easier to just hand them a sign and tell them what to say.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 12:01:38 PM »
It comes from ignorance along with pure stupidity, as well as not being able to think rationally for yourself. Not liking guns, or having no interest in guns is perfectly acceptable. But "hating" them is brought about by stupidity, and following liberal educators who don't want you to think for yourself, and form your own opinions after digesting all of the facts surrounding the issue. Just believe what they tell you. Hatred is to be leveled at ACTIONS, not something to be leveled at a piece of  MACHINERY that has no will of it's own. There is no more sense in hating guns than there is hating old tires and batteries.

+10

There are 2 causes for the "hatred of guns" .
One is the small group of activists working to undermine and destroy the American Republic .
The other is the mindless mass that have been indoctrinated to do as they are told, and think as they are told by the media and their betters.
You ever notice that at TEA party events, and other pro gun events the protest signs are hand lettered and seldom alike, where as at Union rallies, anti gun protests, or other Dem organized events the signs are all the same and professionally printed ?

Never noticed it, but you are right about that.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk