Author Topic: Ruger LCR Kaboom  (Read 19417 times)

Combat Diver

• De Oppresso Liber
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ruger LCR Kaboom
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2010, 10:19:10 AM »
Back to the CCI Blaser I stop using in Feb 88 after I got to Germany.  I had just arrived there earlier that week and on the first weekend walk 2+ miles to the range outside the kaserne.  Since we had just had a new 4" snow fall, I bought some .357 magnum 125 gr JSP CCI Blaser for my Coonan Model B since I didn't feel like chasing my cases in the snow (I reloaded in my team room and later the bachloer quarters).  Opened up the new box and placed 5 rds into the magazine.  On the first round, round fired but I got fragments in my face (was wearing eye pro).  Cleared the gun, found the case which was split and had a 2mm hole just above the case head.  Round had hit dead center of my 25m target.  Case had flame cut the inside of the chamber at the 9 oclock position.  Pulled the bullets and reloaded them into some nickle cases.  I sent the gun to Coonan for repair and CCI bought me a new complete upper for me and reimbursed me for the two boxes of ammo.  I don't buy Blaser cased ammo anymore.  I did see one German reload those alumiumn cases with new berdan primers, he was firing a mint Polish Vis 35 Radom pistol with the early Polish Eagle on it.  This was in Bad Tolz, home to the Nazi Junkerschule (SS Officers school) during WWII.

CD
Iraq: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09,15 & 16' Afghanistan: 09,10,11,14 & 17'

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk