Author Topic: Taurus 617 vs Ruger sp101  (Read 23899 times)

capbyrd

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Taurus 617 vs Ruger sp101
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2010, 07:55:18 AM »
Thanks but I sold the SP this weekend.  Now I'm waiting on my shop to get my SR9c in. 

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010, 09:12:27 AM »
Even the Judge is no more than a modification of the S&W design made in Brazil. If you have to buy a second tier pistol at least get a Charter Arms and help save AMERICAN jobs.

I tried that buying 2 Springfield Armory .45's. Even they are made in Brazil by Imbel. The whole "Made In America" thing is carrying less and less weight anymore.  Bill T.

Timothy

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010, 04:40:14 PM »
No Bill, you're just running out of gun models to buy so you've gone overseas...   ;D

Most of us don't have the resources to buy anything we want.  Made in America means everything to me and Springfield is, and has been, on my "No Buy" list for some time.  Last year I went to buy a nice little Browning BPS and found there were being made in SE Asia.....the quality was terrible.  I left it on the counter.....

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2010, 04:51:30 PM »
I tried that buying 2 Springfield Armory .45's. Even they are made in Brazil by Imbel. The whole "Made In America" thing is carrying less and less weight anymore.  Bill T.

I've seen more and more of the Springfields with the Brazzo markings. It's my understanding that those are actually completely made down there and imported in as complete pistols. Even many of the Springfields that are stamped IL still had the frames made in Brazil and sent up for assembly. I'm pretty sure only their super high end stuff like the TRP's are all US and I wouldn't even guarantee that. If I want a Brazzo 1911 I'll just buy a Taurus. If I want an American 1911 I'll buy a STI or Doublestar or maybe even consider a S&W. I prefer to buy American whenever I can and especially in something that's as American as a 1911. I mean a non American 1911 is like a Chevy truck made in Mexico... oh wait that's another discussion. 
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

tombogan03884

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2010, 07:38:07 PM »
Sig 1911's are made in Exeter NH, I've watched them machine frames and slides (Job interview a few years back ).

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:26:13 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2010, 07:42:32 PM »
Don't forget about Para USA.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2010, 07:57:04 PM »
Don't forget about Para USA.

Mines from Ft Lauderdale, FL.....

;)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2010, 02:15:46 PM »
One of three good things to say about kel-tec.
How did we get stuck with the high end and low end, and the vast majority of middle of the road guns are imported?
Substitute guns and add the product of your choice.
How long is this going to be sustainable?
FQ13

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2010, 02:55:23 PM »
How did we get stuck with the high end and low end, and the vast majority of middle of the road guns are imported?FQ13

We didn't. Ruger, Marlin, S&W, Remington, Mossberg, and a host of others I'm forgetting are all made here, and are "middle of the road". High end, as well as junk can come from overseas, as well as here. As I said, it isn't where it's made, but the process involved in making it. Quality costs money everywhere, except for the mining of Sierra Leone blood diamonds. And even that doesn't happen without a gun to someones head.    Bill T.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2010, 03:40:13 PM »
We didn't. Ruger, Marlin, S&W, Remington, Mossberg, and a host of others I'm forgetting are all made here, and are "middle of the road". High end, as well as junk can come from overseas, as well as here. As I said, it isn't where it's made, but the process involved in making it. Quality costs money everywhere, except for the mining of Sierra Leone blood diamonds. And even that doesn't happen without a gun to someones head.    Bill T.
Are you sure about that? Becauseif I'm wrong, Ill be the first to say thanks. But my understanding was that Remington, Browning, Winchester etc. were using overseas parts. Ruger still seems "made in USA", but Mossberg/Maverick comes from Mexico in a lot of parts. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
FQ13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk