Author Topic: Taurus 617 vs Ruger sp101  (Read 23898 times)

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Taurus 617 vs Ruger sp101
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2010, 04:00:49 PM »
Ruger SR9 magazines have "Made in Italy" stamped on them.
Most likely they are made by Mec-Gar since they make about half the "factory" pistol mags out there today. The other funny thing about Remington being made in the USA is they're still owned (along with Bushmaster and some others in the group) by a foreign country. It's getting harder and harder to buy an "All American" gun these days.
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

Timothy

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2010, 04:11:52 PM »
We either stand for something or we'll fall for everything.

If our political whores don't realize the shipping work overseas the last twenty years has caused our economy to fail, then they don't deserve to continue in their positions.

I can't buy much made here but what I can afford and buy, I will or I'll do without.

Hard goods, cars, tools, guns, etc.......at this point, and I may be wrong, but the only motorcycle made completely in the USA is Victory.

tombogan03884

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2010, 04:28:39 PM »
We either stand for something or we'll fall for everything.

If our political whores don't realize the shipping work overseas the last twenty years has caused our economy to fail, then they don't deserve to continue in their positions.

I can't buy much made here but what I can afford and buy, I will or I'll do without.

Hard goods, cars, tools, guns, etc.......at this point, and I may be wrong, but the only motorcycle made completely in the USA is Victory.

I would look at the Fuel and electrical systems before I made that claim Tim.
I think if HD could have found US made components they would have used them.
As for the Buy American idea I agree in principle, but if I want something I need to get what I can afford, This is where the Unions bite themselves in the butt, Yes it's good for the members that they make double what I do for the same work, but they lose those jobs because it pushes the price of their product out of reach of folks like me who don't have union jobs.
Why would I buy a Rem 870 for a weeks pay or more when I can buy a Mexican made Maverick for half that or less and still have money for shells ? For those of you earning enough to have the option , More power to you, people like me don't. (and thanks, you may lead to me getting a better paying job   BUY SIG  IT'S here in NH  ;D  ))
I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it's reality

Timothy

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2010, 04:46:31 PM »
Obviously we can't buy exclusively American made but we can all try to be more attentive to the problem.  New Balance closed their last facility in the US a few years ago so there isn't one shoe manufacturer left and we need shoes.  Levi Strauss sold out years ago and they've not gotten my money since.  I can buy a pair of jeans from Bass Pro for twenty bucks or less that's made in China, even less at the unmentionable super chain.  Same thing with shirts, underwear, socks, etc....

Somewhere we have to draw a line in the sand and each of us has to determine where that line is drawn.  I'm not condemning the fact that we all must survive, I make a decent salary but I have to be frugal when I can and other times, when the purpose of the item permits, I'll buy the best I can afford while trying like hell to keep the jobs here at home.

Personally, I think some of the money people spend on guns is ridiculous considering there ARE American made firearms that work well and are reasonable priced.  No one really NEEDS a Wilson Combat 1911 worth 3K to 5K and those that buy them are free to piss away their money any way they see fit.  I would buy one Para or Colt 1911 and 4300 dollars worth CD's (certificate of deposit).

Everything I own, literally, I use or I don't need it.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2010, 08:26:42 PM »
Second time in one day I say Kudos Timothy. Right there with you on all points.
FQ13

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 09:34:12 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk