Author Topic: New Walther PPK/S & Concealed Carry Permit!  (Read 20137 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Walther PPK/S & Concealed Carry Permit!
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 08:17:47 PM »
Did you try the DPX version?  This version Cor-Bon cartridge uses a Barnes bullet with amazing expansion....not cheap but a great round.

Sorry, can't remember.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 06:02:33 AM »
Off to Silvertips-R-Us.
Good luck with the Walther. My daily carry is a Smith&Walther hybrid compact in .40. They know how to make guns!

Thanks, Mac.

Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

Outlaw

• U.S.A.F. Retired/CCW
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 07:04:44 AM »
Geez, It's been 35 years since I stood on the captains deck of the U.S.S. North Carolina. I'm originally from the Wilson-Rocky Mt. area and when I got married my wife and I took a trip to the beach and wound up there. Glad to hear their refurbing it. Proud ole battleship. As far as ammo, I haven't fired the PPK but the gold dot works flawlessly in my Sig 232. I would recommend going somewhere I could shoot rapid fire. At least 3 shot bursts. To me, that tells how it's gonna feed. The local shooting range here in Denver let me squeeze off a couple of 7 shot bursts with mine. Using my Sig was flawless. Using my CZ83 I didn't know until the rapid fire that I had a bad magazine. The rapid fire caused two rounds to try and feed at once. Glad I caught that. ;)
Strategic Air Command Motto: Peace is Our Profession, Believe it or We'll Bomb the Hell Outta Ya!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 08:25:57 AM »
Bottom line on ammo and your gun is TEST IT YOURSELF. 

As seen on the wolf ammo thread just because a particular ammo works in my XYZ gun does not mean it will work in your exact same XYZ gun.

I give my opinions and self test data as a guide to ammo you may wish to consider and TEST FOR YOURSELF, not as end-all, be-all, final answers.

You need to know that what your carrying will go BANG every time you need it to.  Only way to know that is to test it yourself.

One final thing.  I shoot off my carry ammo once a year and replace it with new, and even if I go with the same ammo, I test a few rounds from the new box.  Quality control is our business, too.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 03:39:01 PM »
I avoided Silvertips because, early in their introduction, I found that the "Silvertip" coating of the 9mms would disintegrate into confetti after leaving the barrel. Tiny silver squares all over the range in front of the targets. You could see them glisten in the sun when fired. Don't know how important that was to the ballistic efficiency, but I don't think there was supposed to be a chaff component to the round. Went to Speer and never looked back. I'll give them another look now. Need everything the .380 round can give.
Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:35:43 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 05:29:51 AM »
Congrats on the PPK/s.  Before S&W started making them Interarms had them made in Gadsden, AL.  So there are basically four versions.  German made and imported before Interarms, German made imported and stamped with Interarms, US made by Interarms and US made by S&W.

Come on over to the Walther forums for more info.  http://waltherforums.com

I like my PPK/s, but have also just gotten the P99, my first foray into polymer guns.   I really like it and it has become my primary "house" gun.

Alf
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • One thing I've learned. **"It's hit or be hit."**
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 09:51:44 AM »
"Lets here it for North Carolina!!!!!!!!!!!" ..

Anyway.. the new PPk's look cool. no doubt.. I would try to find a super good/ thin holster.. thin holster make a big difference. Also, I would look at Speer Gold Dots. Most of the time.. in most calibers they are hard to beat.. and if something does beat them..they are always in the top two or three choices anyway. I do like Winchester ammo too though (especially new ranger bonded, although i dunno if they have it for .380 or not) .. so.. that would be my first two ammo choices to recommend..

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 09:00:29 PM »
"Lets here it for North Carolina!!!!!!!!!!!" ..

Anyway.. the new PPk's look cool. no doubt.. I would try to find a super good/ thin holster.. thin holster make a big difference. Also, I would look at Speer Gold Dots. Most of the time.. in most calibers they are hard to beat.. and if something does beat them..they are always in the top two or three choices anyway. I do like Winchester ammo too though (especially new ranger bonded, although i dunno if they have it for .380 or not) .. so.. that would be my first two ammo choices to recommend..

Hello Hawkfish, I have no holster yet for the PPK/S, thin would certainly be a plus as its warm and clothing is kinda casual.

Maybe you our others have a recommendation, it would be appreciatied.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Jim Urban

• Top Forum Member
  • Stay Frosty-Stay Safe
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 11:16:26 PM »
Tom

Living in the desert,I also found carrying concealed in the summer months difficult.
The best solution I've found so far is the "SmartCarry" http://www.smartcarry.com/
Excellent concealment and very comfortable,even when wearing nothing but a pair of shorts/swim trunks & sneakers.
And if you buy directly from SmartCarry,it comes with a 60 day "Like it or Return it" guarantee.That being said,I think you WILL like it.

Jim
S&W 340PD....I Won't Leave Home Without It.

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2008, 11:25:29 PM »
Tom

Living in the desert,I also found carrying concealed in the summer months difficult.
The best solution I've found so far is the "SmartCarry" http://www.smartcarry.com/
Excellent concealment and very comfortable,even when wearing nothing but a pair of shorts & sneakers.(No over shirt needed)
And if you buy directly from SmartCarry,it comes with a 60 day "Like it or Return it" guarantee.That being said,I think you WILL like it.

Jim

There is also a 10% discount if you mention Tom Greshams Guntalk, Charlie Parrot is a great guy, and I'm not saying that JUST because he's an old Marine  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk