Author Topic: New Walther PPK/S & Concealed Carry Permit!  (Read 20135 times)

Cancerman

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Walther PPK/S & Concealed Carry Permit!
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2008, 08:39:39 PM »
Hi twyacht. I'm right down the road from you in Southport.  I plan on going to the commissioning ceremony for the new USS North Carolina.

I have thought many times about getting a PPK. I had a CZ27 of 1933 vintage. It was a flawless performer, amazingly accurate, and I traded it away like an idiot.   My Kahr K-9 is not much bigger than the PPKS. Maybe one day i will talk my way in to it.
Would be nice if it came with a Bond Kit, lol.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2008, 08:49:55 PM »
Thank you CDR, I will give it a try, It reads as though you found the right package for the PPK, with a full mag, it is a surprisingly weighted package, I hope to achieve your same result of satisfaction.

Thanks again,

PS Hello Cancerman from Southport, glad a "local" is here on DRTV
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2008, 09:35:42 AM »
Hi twyacht,

You're welcome and I'm glad you are going to give the DeSantis Nemesis a try, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. 

Regarding the weight issue you mentioned on the PPK, I have found that the weight really isn't a problem if you get a pocket holster that secures the gun within your pocket.  By secure I mean that the holster width itself or tackiness of the holster material (the Nemesis for instance) prevents the lateral "swinging" of the rig inside your pocket.  While the PCS holster achieves this, it does so by creating a large square inside your pocket and others achieve this with similar bulkiness.  The tackiness of the Nemesis fabric achieves this without any bulk, which creates no attention to your pocket or discomfort.  Once the holster is secured within the pocket, the shifting that the weight and momentum causes when you walk is eliminated.  Once the shifting of the rig is stopped, you'll be surprised how little you will feel the weight, if at all.  This is especially true in lighter weight fabric trousers.  I can now carry the PPK in a business suit every day with no issues whatsoever.

Now the only thing you need to make sure of is that you have a good belt that keeps your pants from shifting downward.  For me it's usually a 1.25 or 1.5 inch Milt Sparks cowhide and sharkskin belt, respectively.  I also sometimes switch off to a  1.5 inch Simply Rugged steer hide belt, or a 1.5" Wilderness Instructor's Belt.  I also like carrying a Government size 1911 on weekends so these belts do a terrific job.  But, having said that, I have found pocket carry really comfortable and convenient as either primary or back up carry.  The Nemesis has made it that much easier and comfortable for me, and I like the fact that I ALWAYS have either a snubby or the PPK with me.  Next I need a Nemesis for my steel S&W J frame.... :)

Good luck with yours.
Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2008, 08:24:53 PM »
Get lasergrips for it. And congratulations! 8)
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2008, 09:06:58 PM »
I love the Crimson Trace lasergrips, but between the price of .380 ammo :o, xtra mags :o :o, I will try to put them on my birthday list. The wife will love it ;D. NO MORE SOCKS! ::)
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 05:10:40 PM »

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2008, 12:30:28 AM »
Well, we can all understand that. You DO need a nice suit and a Berns Martin Shoulder holster to go with it, though. ;D
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

tombogan03884

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2008, 01:43:57 AM »
Well, we can all understand that. You DO need a nice suit and a Berns Martin Shoulder holster to go with it, though. ;D

Don't forget the car ! MUST HAVE THE CAR !  ;D I'm not real impressed with British Auto's but when I was married I often longed for an EJECTION seat   ;D

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2008, 04:33:04 AM »
Sometimes I long for an eject button myself but others a MUTE button will do!!!!!!!

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

tombogan03884

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2008, 11:11:06 AM »
Sometimes I long for an eject button myself but others a MUTE button will do!!!!!!!

Richard

That works  ;D   ;D  I used to tell her (who I taught to drive) "I have the steering wheel, shut up and let me use it."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk