Author Topic: Range Report: Ruger LCP *Problems*  (Read 24286 times)

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: Range Report: Ruger LCP *Problems*
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 09:01:48 PM »
Pathfinder,

I had the same experience with mine. One-and-a-half fingers on the handle makes controlling the recoil a little difficult. I found that the side of the trigger guard sort of bit into the side of my trigger finger.

I saw some mag extensions on ebay and was thinking about trying one out. Let us know how the mag extensions work, after you get them, mmkay.

Thanks

PS. First post, I like the editing controls up here.   

I got the mag extension tonight when I got home, small plastic doo-hickey from ebay (little fascists that they are). I put it on the LCP magazine, and it fit perfectly, took all of 30 seconds and most of that was finding something to push the pin in on the bottom of the magazine plate to release the bottom.

Haven't shot it with the extension, but it did seem to curl nicely under my finger, settled the pistol more into my hand, so it will probably help a little controlling the Noisy Cricket.

One note - the extension is made for the Kel-Tec, so when added to the LCP magazine, it will leave a gap of about 1/4 inch between the top of the extension and the bottom of the magwell.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Solid

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 01:24:47 PM »
Gun left my hands on the 11th, and I talked to Ruger today. They said the technicians still had it, so it will be another week before I get it.

Solid

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 04:24:27 PM »
Got the gun in today.

The recoil spring feels lighter, and the frame was machined where the peening was occurring. The barrel machine, slide machining, and hammer placement are still off.

I'll try and hit the range this weekend and see how she runs.

Solid

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2008, 02:37:26 PM »
I'm still having the last round in the magazine fail to feed.  :'(

This time I used 100 rounds of Winchester FMJ.

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • One thing I've learned. **"It's hit or be hit."**
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2008, 04:36:04 PM »
Have you tried a different magazine? .. I wonder if that might help.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:33:23 AM »

Solid

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2008, 07:32:25 PM »
I think that may be the issue, but I hate to have to buy another mag just to make it work. Then be stuck with a useless one.

Monday I'll call Ruger and see what they think. If they say "sounds like a magazine issue", then I'll try to get them to send me one. The LCP isn't common around here and I doubt anyone will have it considering no one sells 1911 magazines in this town.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2008, 09:06:15 PM »
I think that may be the issue, but I hate to have to buy another mag just to make it work. Then be stuck with a useless one.

Monday I'll call Ruger and see what they think. If they say "sounds like a magazine issue", then I'll try to get them to send me one. The LCP isn't common around here and I doubt anyone will have it considering no one sells 1911 magazines in this town.

Has someone else not said on one of these posts that the Kel-Tec mags work in the LCP? Or maybe its the other way around.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Solid

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 09:30:32 AM »
Gun is going back to Ruger, again. I'll post updates when I get it back.

Solid

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2008, 11:08:01 AM »
Well gun came back from Ruger for the second time and hit the range.

After roughly 50 rounds the firing pin broke. This will be it's third trip to Ruger.

I have decided this gun is not fit for carry, defense, or anything for that matter. It is far too unreliable to trust to your life.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2008, 07:49:31 PM »
Well gun came back from Ruger for the second time and hit the range.

After roughly 50 rounds the firing pin broke. This will be it's third trip to Ruger.

I have decided this gun is not fit for carry, defense, or anything for that matter. It is far too unreliable to trust to your life.

Sorry to hear that Solid, purchasing a firearm is a truly personal experience, and it's a shame when expectations are high, and results are not.

Hope you get it worked out with Ruger, trust is hard enough to earn from people, let alone something that may save your life.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk