Author Topic: Why all the hate?  (Read 21225 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Why all the hate?
« on: April 10, 2008, 11:22:42 PM »
For mag disconnects?

I don't care one way or another...  Some people really think they are the devil...

Infact I honestly can't come up with any "cons" to having one.   I also can not find even a single case where a mag disconnect failed cuasing a OSM.  There has been lots of cases; however, were a leo droped the mag in a struggle for thier gun and it saved thier life.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

Re: Why all the hate?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 02:49:02 AM »
 They make for a lousy trigger pull

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 03:21:18 AM »
They make for a lousy trigger pull

You know I've heard that alot, but the only gun where people can show where the trigger pull got better ( other then they think it got better so it got better)  is on the BHP.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 11:27:10 AM »
You know I've heard that alot, but the only gun where people can show where the trigger pull got better ( other then they think it got better so it got better)  is on the BHP.

I think it's a case of documentation, not imagination. But even so, if you THINK the trigger is better, then for all practicle purposes it IS better, for you. Placebos work.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 11:05:42 PM »
Infact I honestly can't come up with any "cons" to having one.

How 'bout this scenario....

We both have guns which use magazines.  Mine doesn't have the mag disconnect.
Both of us lose, abuse, bend, fold, spindle or mutilate our magazine.

I can still shoot even if it's only one round at a time - you can't.
Which gun would you rather have in your holster when caught with your pants down and the feces just hit the air handler?

I'll take the one that still allows me to feed myself even if I don't have the luxury of multiple shots.
A pocket full of ammo isn't going to do much good if the gun doesn't go bang when you pull the trigger.

BTW - what's an "OSM" in english?
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:01:27 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 11:13:16 PM »
I took a new Cetme to the range once years ago, drove an hour to get there and discovered I'd forgotten the Magazines on the table, (I put them there so "I wouldn't forget them) It was the most high tech single shot on the firing line, and after the razzing my friends gave me I have NEVER let that happen again !  ;D

Ron J

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 08:32:22 AM »
As to trigger pull, the trigger pull on my Browning HP was horrible until I had the mag safety removed.  My experience with S&W autos and their trigger pull is that with two of the three S&W autos that I have owned (M41, M2206) have decent trigger pulls.  A M3906 that I just sold to a friend had a fair to poor trigger pull when I bought it new way back when.  However, I had a gunsmith do a remarkable tune job on this gun and it turned out to have an excellent trigger that came close to my custom tuned S&W revolvers despite having the mag safety. 

As to function, my 2 cents is that I prefer a gun not to have a mag safety.  Given the way in which I handle my firearms, it offers no safety benefit to me.   

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 08:58:33 AM »
OSM= 

Oh
Sh*T
Moment

Solid

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 02:34:58 PM »
Here is why there is hate:

If my gun is loaded it should go bang, and not need an internal magazine based safety.

Galeth005

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 03:02:18 PM »
We both have guns which use magazines.  Mine doesn't have the mag disconnect.
Both of us lose, abuse, bend, fold, spindle or mutilate our magazine.
BTW - what's an "OSM" in english?
solution, dont abuse your magazine nor your gun... but in the slim chance that you do.. in the stressfull sitution of having to use your handgun as personel defense are you 100% (NO B.S.) positive that u will be able to remove the threat with 1 bullet reload and fire again?  in that situation it might be better to grab a bat or a knife and get up close and personel
Don't let their IGNORANCE take away YOUR rights!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk