Author Topic: .44 Auto Mag???  (Read 23743 times)

Ksail101

• Airborne all the way!!!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
.44 Auto Mag???
« on: June 14, 2008, 10:55:39 AM »
I have been tryin to search and find out more about this gun. In no way am I thinking about buying one, but what I dont understand is how come it isnt more popular.

Does anyone here have one or shot one?

What is the price for one, and is ammo different, cause I would think that a revoler round wouldn't really cycle in an Semi-Auto.

It seems like a good concept and I know they made some different barrel sizes (actually I might have that wrong) But for a self-defense gun that would be slim and probably more comfortable in a sholder rig than a revolver, why is not carried more, I guess this goes up to my first question on popularity. But as for a bedside gun to get you to your rifle I wouldnt have any concerns of lack of power.

I would think that hand gun huning would be good too with it.

I would love to hear what you all think cause this is a gun that I havent seen on a forum talked about. I guess it will get us out of the relm of Glock and 1911's (my favorites) for a min.
Did we win???

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: .44 Auto Mag???
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 11:05:13 AM »
.44 auto mag by AMT I believe  http://www.the-dirtiest.com/automag.htm
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 11:05:47 AM »
What I heard was that the recoil and pressure from the 44AM ammo, literally shook the pistol to pieces. It was only made for a short time, and the ammo was never widely available. By the time it had appeared in the Dirty Harry movie (2nd or 3rd, I don't remember which), production had already ended.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 11:21:09 AM »
.44 mag? And in auto?

Bet MB has one . . . .     ;D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

CurrieS103

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 12:01:04 PM »
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:56:32 PM »

Mojave Desert

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 12:31:53 PM »
The host on the previous video post incorrectly identifies the Auto Mag as a gas action.  It's actually a long recoil action.  Watch it in slo-mo here: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYFGcBmB_wk&feature=related

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 02:23:16 PM »
The video pretty much explains why no one carries the Auto Mag, (except Mack Bolan  ;D ) It's a CANNON.

Ksail101

• Airborne all the way!!!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 02:54:53 PM »
I really think though that if I could get one that is reliable, and enough ammo, that if the end of the world was coming, the .44 auto mag and Serbu super shorty would be a couple firearms that I would want hanging off my MOLLE gear somehow.  ;D
Did we win???

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 04:47:51 PM »
I really think though that if I could get one that is reliable, and enough ammo, that if the end of the world was coming, the .44 auto mag and Serbu super shorty would be a couple firearms that I would want hanging off my MOLLE gear somehow.  ;D

You could shoot through small countries   ;D

CurrieS103

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 07:47:29 PM »
And a couple neighboring ones!   ;D
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk