Author Topic: .44 Auto Mag???  (Read 23744 times)

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: .44 Auto Mag???
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 08:26:37 PM »
Here's a link to the History. 

http://www.nfa.ca/content/view/103/197/

Next as to the 1st video, Michael, was that Mickey Fowler??  Sure looks like him, and he does handle the pistol well, just not the cocking part.

Ksail, look up the LAR Grizzly .45 winchester magnum, it does work and can be carried, too much power for street use. Out in the woods or the wilds, it would be very good. Now I have some experience with this caliber and the 1911 grip really does not help with this much recoil. I have also shot a .308  Winchester conversion from Pachmeyer on a 1911 frame, same deal, you will not shoot these very much at one time. My ex boss had a grizzly and took me to the range basically so I could shoot a 100 rounds through it with factory 230 grain ammo, so he could download the empties. My wrists ached for 2 weeks.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

atmiller

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 09:24:53 PM »
The video pretty much explains why no one carries the Auto Mag, (except Mack Bolan  ;D ) It's a CANNON.

I remember reading that series when I was a kid.  Mack Bolan was a bad ass!   

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 12:24:50 AM »
I remember reading that series when I was a kid.  Mack Bolan was a bad ass!  

The best ones in my opinion were the Stoney man ones, more Commies to kill in the world than "Wiseguys"

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 05:51:59 AM »
Part of the problem with the AutoMag was galling with parts made of stainless.  People had trouble finding a lube that would prevent/minimize this.  I believe (don't quote me) later production models used different types of stainless to get around this.  I also seem to remember that finances were problematical also.  The AutoMag has a cult following and I seem to remember Club de AutoMag as the name of the group - too early for web forum but maybe there is one now.

FWIW

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008, 06:15:16 AM »
I thought High Standard was gone....but they're not.  Why did I think that?

Anyway...slinked over to Yahoo and did a search to find:
http://www.highstandard.com/

Does anyone here have any feedback on the quality of these new "Automags"?  It will be a good carry with my new supressed Ruger M77 in 44 Mag....kind of a 1-2 punch on hogs.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:25:38 AM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 06:49:37 AM »
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2008, 07:29:55 AM »
The video pretty much explains why no one carries the Auto Mag, (except Mack Bolan  ;D ) It's a CANNON.

Not that it matters much, but I don't recall Mack Bolan carrying an Automag.  He did carry a Desert Eagle in .44 Mag. along with his silenced Berreta.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Ksail101

• Airborne all the way!!!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2008, 09:55:09 AM »
Here's the automag I would like to have.

+1 for me Haz. .30 Caliber rifle round in a handgun would be awesome. I saw a 10" barrel on a LAR Grizzly .45 Win Mag. I wonder if there would be as way to get a 10" barrel on that auto mag. Maybe turn one out on a lathe.
Did we win???

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2008, 12:10:01 PM »
Not that it matters much, but I don't recall Mack Bolan carrying an Automag.  He did carry a Desert Eagle in .44 Mag. along with his silenced Berreta.

Back in the 70's it was an Auto mag, Desert Eagle had not been thought of yet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk