Author Topic: Springfield XD Subcompact IWB Holster  (Read 25228 times)

KW Gary M

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Springfield XD Subcompact IWB Holster
« on: July 07, 2008, 07:54:42 AM »
I have an Springfield XD Subcompact .40 S&W and am having trouble finding an IWB holster to fit it just right.  The trigger guard is pretty big on the XD Subcompact and seems to not sit right in any IWB holster I've looked at.  Any XD Sub owners out there that have an IWB that they are happy with?  I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks,
Gary

gunsgunsguns

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Springfield XD Subcompact IWB Holster
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 08:07:48 AM »
While I don't have one (yet), I'm about to purchase the Crossbreed Supertuck which has been very highly recommended by several XD owners...

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 08:40:48 PM »
Try Fist holsters also @ WWW.FIST-INC.COM

They might have what you are looking for or can make it.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Landor

• Forum Member
  • RTKBA.com
    • Right to Keep and Bear Arms
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 10:39:20 AM »
That is a fairly common gun. If you are looking for something someone has in stock then Don Hume or Galco are good options. If you want something a bit more high end try K&D leather holsters or BoomStick leather holsters. There are many other custom holster makers but you will wait some weeks to get them.

CurrieS103

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 07:10:11 PM »
While I don't have one (yet), I'm about to purchase the Crossbreed Supertuck which has been very highly recommended by several XD owners...

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

+1 on the Crossbreed.  I love mine!  If it can make my Bulky Glock 30 comfortable to carry you will have no problem.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:26:29 PM »

powderfinger

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 08:42:57 AM »
I have an XD9 sc which is the same size as your .40 and I can recommend the Don Hume IWB. It's not a "universal" holster, it's made expressly for the XD. Constructed od leather, very comfortable and high quality. Didn't cost an arm and a leg either. Bought mine on eBay some time ago from I don't remember who but you can probably find it easily by doing a search. Also came with a matching single mag holder.

boostjunkie1

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 03:11:22 PM »
+1 on the Crossbreed.  I love mine!  If it can make my Bulky Glock 30 comfortable to carry you will have no problem.

X3- - - - I have one for my XD40 SC and it will fit all of my other XD's. Even the Tatical .45ACP. Have them leave the extra leather on the bottom side so that you will have this option if needed for the Tatical. jb

1stCivDiv

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 09:20:02 AM »
I have a Galco Summer IWB that I carry my XD40 Subcompact and Service in and it works great for both.  The business end of the Service sticks out apx 3/4" but the sight rail is generous enough that there are no complications drawing even with XS Big Dots installed.  Unfortunately, the only way to really find out what works for you is to wear for several days and that means a lot of money on holsters before you find the best for you.

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 11:49:27 AM »
Can't let an opportunity to promote the Silent Thunder by Tucker Gun Leather go by.   ;D

I have them for my 1911s and FNP-9 and really, really like them.

The XD family is on the list of models they make them for.

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/sithky.html

garand4life

• Top Forum Member
    • My Blog
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 01:12:42 PM »
I have some of the same issues with holsters for my M&P... Blade Tech has a really good variety for IWB. I'm ordering one for my M&P next week. They are thin walled kydex so reholstering is a snap. What sold me on Blade Tech is they make a paddle holster for my gun that will support keeping my new Insight Tech WX150 on the gun!
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
"If you know your enemy is bringing a gun to the fight, bring 2..."
http://www.youtube.com/natetinstman  -
Save $10 on your NRA membership by going to http://garand4life.wordpress.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk