Author Topic: Inexpensive 9mm plinker, any suggestions?  (Read 19815 times)

Wheelgun Dunn

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Inexpensive 9mm plinker, any suggestions?
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 09:54:19 PM »
Hazcat,

Wow!  Great luck with that Hi-point.  I never knew they were that reliable.  Never heard a good thing about 'em at all.  The ones I handled seemed clunky and left me a little dissatisfied but I appreciate your input I really had no idea.  No offense intended just going on what I knew.  Didn't mean to get the hair on your Hazcat back raised up!  :D Thanks!  ;)

TSB

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 09:58:45 PM »
Don't short change the HI-Point.  See the linked review:  http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun_reviews/hipoint_100605/

After reading it, while they are not the most pleasant pistol to look at, they sure sound like they get the job done.  Last Saturday, I burned through enough .45 ACP ammo to buy one of these and still have money left over for dinner.

If I could get one where I live (which I cannot), I'd buy one in a heartbeat.  You really only see the sights when your squeezing the trigger anyway...

JMHO......Good Luck!

Tim

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 09:59:56 PM »
Take it as "not hear say", this is the real deal.  Also their customer service is excellent and their warranty is lifetime unconditional.

PLUS made in the USA.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 01:10:04 AM »
I've seen surplus Makarovs pretty cheap. It's a different 9mm but still a 9. It's a little more powerful than a .380 but the ammo is CHEAP. The .32 NAA conversion is pretty neat too. The 9x19mm I really want is $1,400 but I have to settle for one I can afford. I'll be checking back here again to see what's out there.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 06:19:47 AM »
You should be able to pick up a SR9 REALLY CHEAP.   :-X
Probably....but if you're interested in trying to hit something with it, I'd try something else. There are some real deals around on used Sigs and they are reliable and great shooters.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:56:50 AM »

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 06:33:05 AM »
S&W Sigmas

Their trigger is terrible...... They seem to be reliable and would probably make a decent inexpensive personal defense gun, but their mushy trigger is frustrating to try to shoot for any real accuracy.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 06:57:46 AM »
Hi-Point, for the money can't be beat!
I have one and it runs like a champ. With any ammo!!!!!!!!
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Ron J

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 10:53:30 AM »
PURE BS!  I own one!  Have shot 5,000 + rounds of every make and type including reloads.  IT SHOOTS STRAIGHT EVERY TIME!

Yeah... but I heard (wait for it) .... that clips are kinda hard to find for them!!!!!    ;D

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 11:09:46 AM »
NAAAA, you can order them from their magazine. ;)
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 11:11:04 AM »
NAAAA, you can order them from their magazine. ;)

You will have to post a clip ing   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk