Author Topic: Inexpensive 9mm plinker, any suggestions?  (Read 19814 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Inexpensive 9mm plinker, any suggestions?
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 11:32:49 AM »
Yeah... but I heard (wait for it) .... that clips are kinda hard to find for them!!!!!

NAAAA, you can order them from their magazine.

You will have to post a clip ing   Grin

Simply brilliant!
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 12:07:00 PM »

Simply brilliant!

NAAAA, we're brilliantly simple!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 12:36:49 PM »

HA!
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 01:10:18 PM »
WARNING, WARNING...THREAD DRIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 02:36:21 PM »
WARNING, WARNING...THREAD DRIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You better watch yourself or you might get clipped;D
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 08:55:30 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 05:35:26 PM »
This forum needs a "nuthouse" where the jokes and BS can go on 24/7 without interfering with serious business. Not that it matters much to me, but it might to someone who wants a serious answer. Just an idea.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2008, 07:39:26 PM »
Damnation, jumbofrank! You made me feel so guilty I did a little research. Emphasis mine.

While DefenseReview still recommends that the reader save up for a Glock 19 (G19), Springfield XD (9mm, .40 S&W, or .45ACP), Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm), or some other more expensive pistol if he/she needs a ready-out-of-the-box carry gun for serious social purposes (CCW, home defense, etc.), the C9 may just be worth taking a look at by those who need an inexpensive pistol in short order and simply can't get $500 or more together for those more expensive pistols in the requisite amount of time, or if one is just looking for an inexpensive plinker for recreational shooting.

That's from an article on the Hi-Point C9 $140, according to the article here: http://www.defensereview.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=928

Another review http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_2_53/ai_n17094478 February 2007 Guns Magazine.

From that article -
Question time. How much would you pay for a brand-new, 9-shot, American-made 9mm semiauto with very easy to see sights, shoots to point of aim and total reliability thrown in? Would $500 sound reasonable? Sounds like a great bargain doesn't it? Now what if I told you it is possible to have all of this for only $149!!

That is not the sale price, that is not the wholesale price, that is not the best bargaining price--that is actually the retail price of the Hi-Point C9 9mm semiautomatic pistol.

OK, there is one drawback. It's ugly! Not as ugly as the pictures I've seen with the added comp and extended magazine, however it is not what you would call a swan, more like an ugly duckling. When I bring out my ivory stocked, engraved Colt Series 70 .45, the Hi-Point runs and hides behind the couch, when my Wilson .38 Super with giraffe bone grips enters the room, it peeks out from its hiding place. However, when someone enters with a Glock or some of the other similarly styled semiauto, the Hi-Point C9 boldly enters the room.

Wait! There's More

In addition to all of the other things mentioned, the Hi-Point C9 comes with a lifetime warranty and a second optional ghost-ring-style rear sight. The regular sighting system consists of a square notch rear sight with two red dots mated up with a sloping front sight with an inlaid white strip, both of which are very easy to see and set to hit point of aim.
  ;D
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2008, 07:59:07 PM »
FINALLY!  Hi-Point is getting some recognition.

Pretty?  NOPE

But is is just FINE in everything else and WAAAAAY above average in cost, service and warranty.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 08:59:40 PM »
For the price of 1 H&K P7 you can get 10 Hi-Points and hand them out as Christmas presents. If that's not an inexpensive 9mm plinker I don't know what is.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2008, 09:47:33 PM »
I went to Hi-Point's site and found this:

which is this:

with... stuff... added - roflmao!!

Saw the price, $220 - stopped roflmao and said, hmmm. You can get a 9mm plinker CARBINE for less than most pistols... and  hand them out at Christmas.

Also, Hi-point has a .380 (9mm short if the original poster is interested) for less than the 9mm...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk