Author Topic: The best revolver ever  (Read 20096 times)

Green Mountain Gringo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The best revolver ever
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 05:12:15 AM »
Great memories for you Frisco, thank you for sharing with us.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 10:35:13 PM »
What better way to meet your maker than with your peacemaker ;D
Just in case St. Peter wasn't cooperative! ;D
FQ13

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009, 12:02:46 AM »
anything that My Government said I am not allowed to Own

caus they must be good  ;)

as they seemed to have banned all the fun guns over here :
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 12:54:13 PM »
Great gun and even better story. It sounds like your father was a heck of a man...old fashioned good guy. It also sounds like the apple didn't fall too far from the tree.

I love the way that you handled his send off. Top notch.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

DesertMarine

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2009, 06:32:29 PM »
Great story Frisco, thanks for sharing.  As a federal officer, I carried a Model 19 with 2 1/2" barrel, with Pachmyr round butt grips in a Bianchi pancake holster.  We carried concealed throughout the country,  This was in the mid-70's and have had a Model 19 ever since until a year and half ago when my son asked me very nice for it.  I still prefer the Model 19 to most new guns.  Love the .357.
DesertMarine

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:17:07 PM »

Frisco

• Ugly, broke down, retired old fart.
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 12:18:18 AM »
Great story Frisco, thanks for sharing.  As a federal officer, I carried a Model 19 with 2 1/2" barrel, with Pachmyr round butt grips in a Bianchi pancake holster.  We carried concealed throughout the country,  This was in the mid-70's and have had a Model 19 ever since until a year and half ago when my son asked me very nice for it.  I still prefer the Model 19 to most new guns.  Love the .357.

I've got a 19 snubby that was worked by the Late Great Andy Cannon.  It is one of my favorite handguns of ANY type.

I didn't you jarheads actually used handguns....I though y'all just inserted the bullets into your victims manually.   ;D

Seriously though...Thank you for your service (all vets).
God bless, and sincere thanks to all our fine people in uniform.  You pay for our freedom, and for that we owe you all we can give you.  Thank you.

DesertMarine

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2009, 01:47:07 PM »
The preferred method is to insert bullet manually into target but politicians take a dim view of it and make up rules of engagement that specify PC methods of insertion. 
Gung ho.
DesertMarine

Frisco

• Ugly, broke down, retired old fart.
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2009, 11:58:14 PM »
The preferred method is to insert bullet manually into target but politicians take a dim view of it and make up rules of engagement that specify PC methods of insertion. 
Gung ho.

Politicians...(insert gagging and choking sounds here)... ::)
God bless, and sincere thanks to all our fine people in uniform.  You pay for our freedom, and for that we owe you all we can give you.  Thank you.

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 07:25:18 PM »
Most Politians will not get thier hands dirty, that job is for the other people, you know (Army,Navy,Air Force Marines,Coast Gaurd)

Politians do the tallking ....... everyone else has to do the work, fighting and dying.
There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

tombogan03884

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 08:21:15 PM »
Most Politians will not get thier hands dirty, that job is for the other people, you know (Army,Navy,Air Force Marines,Coast Gaurd)

Politians do the tallking ....... everyone else has to do the work, fighting and dying.
\

Our military just tries to end wars , it's the politicians that start them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk