Author Topic: One School Teacher's Response to this Tragedy  (Read 2848 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: One School Teacher's Response to this Tragedy
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 09:33:10 AM »
This kids mother, (Conn. school shooter), was a multi millionaire, retired stock broker living in a 3,100 sq. ft. luxury home on several acres. After her divorce, her husband told her she could have the house and, "Would never have to work another day in her life." She had nothing but time on her hands to spend with her kids. She was in her early 50's and lived an affluent lifestyle most would envy, in one of the most affluent, all white crime free areas in the country.

This kid was an over achiever and took college courses at just 16 years of age and did well. But in spite of a good up bringing, along with an above average education by most standards for kids his age, many said he "just wasn't right". He would stare at people on the street for minutes on end. He seldom spoke, and was extremely introverted. His own mother told their baby sitter, "Don't ever turn your back on him!"

Now how many warning flags does a parent need before they admit they've got a kid with a head full of bad wiring? It's no different than a dog you can't trust around strangers. Are you then going to sit in shock and awe when the thing bites the hell out of someone, because you didn't have him on a leash?

I'm not trying to "blame" anyone here. Just show that these things happen, and more then likely will continue to happen despite "warning signs". Guns didn't cause this. We had "Assault Weapons" 40 years ago. People didn't have gun safes in the home. Kids 4 decades ago wouldn't even entertain the thought of bringing a gun to school. Now they're commonplace. We didn't have waiting periods, or 4473 forms. We didn't have 10 round magazine bans, or any of this other silly, stupid crap that does nothing but make wild eyed liberals feel good when they pass it. Hell, even Juan Williams, (a regular Fox News resident flaming liberal), said "We have to do something!" It doesn't matter what because he didn't specify. Just something to make us "feel good".

This isn't going to stop because we can't reverse a breakdown in society, along with crazy people who "just aren't right" in the head. There will be others. Other crack pots will feed off of this. It will happen again. No gun laws, or speeches from liberals who want more of them is going to change anything. Just like the economy. It's screwed up because the people in this country are as economically screwed up as the government they so love to bitch about. We have no dicipline in the home or classroom anymore. After 40 years of this decent in society we are now seeing the result. We've seen it before, and we'll see it again. The only question is yet again, how many more freedoms are we as a nation willing to give up to make us "feel better" about all of it? My guess is a lot of them. After all, that's the easiest thing to do.  

Bill, can I share this anonymously (with respect to your privacy) with others?
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 10:42:41 AM »
Bill, can I share this anonymously (with respect to your privacy) with others?

Go right ahead. Feel free.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 11:07:13 AM »
http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=119078&article=10648241

It goes to show just because a person doesn't debate well on a national stage, doesn't mean he lacks common sense. Israel has been arming their teachers for years.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk