Author Topic: New Browning Buckmark  (Read 19227 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
Re: New Browning Buckmark
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 10:48:59 AM »
Nice, Bill.......I've had a 30 year love affair with Browning .22's.....   :)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2016, 12:47:48 PM »
Does Mrs Pegleg know about this ?

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 04:43:06 PM »
I had the FO rod  in my 1911 come out, but I just put in a new rod and a tinsy, tiny dab of instant glue at the front and back support.  Careful not to get it on the front face.

Haven't had any problem with the FO on my IDPA revolver. 

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 10:36:52 AM »
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 03:32:45 PM »
For some reason, I saw this morning the "official" directions for changing FO rods and it was exactly what I said.  Instant glue, tiny dab.  For the above sight it said only on the middle support to make it easy to remove/replace later.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:50:10 PM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 09:29:07 AM »
I had the FO rod  in my 1911 come out, but I just put in a new rod and a tinsy, tiny dab of instant glue at the front and back support.

For some reason, I saw this morning the "official" directions for changing FO rods and it was exactly what I said. Instant glue, tiny dab.

This stuff is great for things like that. It only takes a fraction of a drop. We used this stuff to bond graphite electrodes for EDM machines when I was working in the mold business. It holds unbelievably well, and it also conducts electricity. It is unaffected by oil, which was a good feature because EDM machining is done submerged in an oil tank. Now, some of the newer machines use deionized water. This stuff was originally marketed by Eastman Kodak who were the actual inventors of, "Super Glue".

http://www.ellsworth.com/products/adhesives/cyanoacrylate/permabond-910fs-fast-set-methyl-cyanoacrylate-adhesive-clear-1-oz-bottle/

Timothy

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 09:37:21 AM »
Only two Buckmarks on our approved roster.  What a crock of shite!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 11:02:56 AM »
Only two Buckmarks on our approved roster.  What a crock of shite!

And a new Buckmark UDX Plus makes 3! I couldn't help myself. Yesterday I went to Cabela's just to look around, and saw this Buckmark Plus UDX sitting in the case. I asked to see it, and that was that. Now the best part. They were on sale for just $429.00 from $479.00. I asked him if they had one in the back. He looked and said that was the last one they had. I checked the gun over very carefully, and there wasn't a mark on it. The breech face was smooth and shiny, and showed no firing pin marks from being snapped. (As most know, this can be an issue with rimfire guns that have been extensively dry fired).

Before I said, "I'll take it.", he told me as I stood there looking at it carefully, that I could have it for just $405.00! And it gets better. Browning currently has a on line rebate program running, that gave me another $25.00 off! So when all is said and done, I ended up getting a brand new Buckmark UDX Plus for just $417.24 out the door! Considering that the UDX Plus is at the high end of the Buckmark line, I think I got an excellent buy.

My bathroom remodeling project should be all finished today, so now I have 2 new Buckmark's to light up for the first time!

Timothy

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 11:56:20 AM »
Thanks Bill...  Rub my nose in it...  Remind me to poop in yer front yard if I'm ever in the neighborhood!

:)

Nice pistola...

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2016, 12:28:16 PM »
Timothy, get what Mass allows, then build what you want with Tac-Sol parts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk