Author Topic: D.C. v Heller  (Read 3411 times)

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
D.C. v Heller
« on: March 13, 2008, 02:19:38 PM »

D.C. v Heller On All Radars
By DRTV Columnist Jim Shepherd

As we get closer to the Supreme Court hearing the District of Columbia, et al versus Dick Anthony Heller, it is obvious that the attention of a the general population is now turning on this whole deal. If you’re the least bit involved in hunting, shooting or firearms, you are no doubt well aware of the importance of a case that is so narrow in its scope as to only be looking to answer a single question: “Does the Second Amendment guarantee an individual right to own firearms?”

Click for the entire article...

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: D.C. v Heller
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 02:32:59 PM »
Waiting for this feels like knowing mid-terms are coming and you didn't study!

All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

pioneer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 03:40:40 PM »
Waiting for this feels like knowing mid-terms are coming and you didn't study! [img width=15 height=23]

Also highlights the importance of future supreme court nominees when deciding whom to vote for, for president.

Life Member NRA / SAF Member
Naval Aviation 1965-1969
Retired Police Detective '71-'01
HR-218 Certified

United States Constitution (c) 1791
         All Rights Reserved.

Outlaw

• U.S.A.F. Retired/CCW
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 03:51:11 PM »
Personally I think they'll kick it back to the states to haggle over since all those reps and senators and the V.P. sent the brief to them. That way each individual state can make their own rules as they go and that would split the issue several ways just like it is now. since D.C. is not a state, and I think that would be their argument, I don't think it would amount to a hill of beans to them.

I think the folks in D.C. need to push the issue to get the law overturned. Had they been thinking they possibly could have possibly stopped it immediately after it was implemented by large demonstrations. (And I do mean Large) That's gonna be an uphill battle now.
Strategic Air Command Motto: Peace is Our Profession, Believe it or We'll Bomb the Hell Outta Ya!

pioneer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 03:58:05 PM »
Personally I think they'll kick it back to the states to haggle over since all those reps and senators and the V.P. sent the brief to them. That way each individual state can make their own rules as they go and that would split the issue several ways just like it is now. since D.C. is not a state, and I think that would be their argument, I don't think it would amount to a hill of beans to them.

I think the folks in D.C. need to push the issue to get the law overturned. Had they been thinking they possibly could have possibly stopped it immediately after it was implemented by large demonstrations. (And I do mean Large) That's gonna be an uphill battle now.

It isn't a state issue.  The original case is in the District of Columbia, so no state court is involved.  Heller's legal team cherry picked this case in part because it is a DC case, so there are no states to kick it back to. 
Life Member NRA / SAF Member
Naval Aviation 1965-1969
Retired Police Detective '71-'01
HR-218 Certified

United States Constitution (c) 1791
         All Rights Reserved.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:04:53 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk