Author Topic: Wayne LaPierre  (Read 6114 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 582
Re: Wayne LaPierre
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 09:45:14 AM »
I got to meet Mr. LaPierre at the Tulsa Gun Show and speak to him for a few minutes.  He was just walking around like John Q. Public, was pleasant, and had time for anyone who wished to speak to him.

I know from shaking his hand and looking into his eye that he has a passion.  Some people damn him for his tactics....consider this.

He works with what he has to get the job done.

Now, most of what he has is the membership which, I am sorry to say, has a very large portion that is not willing to sacrifice and stand tall...i.e. there are members who sell out and do you think those members are really wanting to sacrifice by even losing a single day in protest from work...at a minimum?  Not everyone is passionate and self-sacrificing like the membership of this board.

So, before you damn him....think of what he has to work with.  If he were to overplay the membership's dedication and members were a "no show" be it in person, letters, cards, donations or votes then the NRA would lose stature and be woefully ineffective.  Use your heads....p-l-e-a-s-e.

Those who aren't members and gripe...great if you belong to another organization.l  If you don't belong to some political action organization for the 2nd Ammendment, then shame on you.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Wayne LaPierre
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 04:40:29 PM »
I was a life time member of the NRA...  A big part of that is the tactics the NRA has employeed... lots of other reasons, but that was  a biggy for me.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk