Author Topic: Guns painted bright colors  (Read 4687 times)

1776 Rebel

Guns painted bright colors
« on: March 26, 2008, 05:26:41 PM »
Well, Bloomberg started it. Now the county next to NYC has jumped on the bandwagon of banning possesion of firearms painted bright colors. Uncle Ted were are you now that we need you and your pink AR? Folks if it is gaining ground here, it is coming your way!!!

http://wcbstv.com/local/nassau.county.handguns.2.685326.html

pioneer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Guns painted bright colors
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 06:36:45 PM »
I have to say, I'm not surprised.  I saw this coming when I saw the first one.  I'm personally against the painted guns, for this reason and for threat identification by cops who may find themselves looking at the business end of a purple gun in a teen ager's hands, and they hesitate because it might be a toy.  =  dead cop / dead kid. 

Life Member NRA / SAF Member
Naval Aviation 1965-1969
Retired Police Detective '71-'01
HR-218 Certified

United States Constitution (c) 1791
         All Rights Reserved.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 06:47:29 PM »
I have to say, I'm not surprised.  I saw this coming when I saw the first one.  I'm personally against the painted guns, for this reason and for threat identification by cops who may find themselves looking at the business end of a purple gun in a teen ager's hands, and they hesitate because it might be a toy.  =  dead cop / dead kid. 

So, do you think they should be outlawed?
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 07:30:30 PM »
Or should police receive in service training where they are shown some of those wild weapons? That would be my answer. Banning colors absolutely guarantees that the officer will be trained to hesitate. A guaranteed first shot for the bad guy. Pioneer, when you were still on the job, if an adult, during a confrontation, pointed a red gun at you, would you assume it was a toy? If so then, I'll bet you wouldn't now, because you know! Continuing education seems to me to be the best answer.

Thugs will always have guns, and they already know how to use Krylon paint, at least here in NC. Evidence vaults here all hold a few painted guns, but not pretty colors. I have seen field jacket green and blue jean blue and T-shirt white Hi Points and Ravens. All painted to aid in plain sight concealment. Also seen T-shirts with exact replica prints of handguns in the waistband, to hopefully desensitize cops into not believing their own eyes and instincts. Can't ban T-shirts. Ain't easy being a safe Law Dog these days.

Edited to add: I own three OD green or woodland camo guns. Who decides what colors are banned?

Regards, Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 02:17:38 AM »
If you point and the Cop shoots Tuff sh!7,  Banning Duracoat is assinine.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:26:05 PM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 07:53:31 PM »

yes this is just so evil and deadly.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 07:59:25 PM »
EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 08:20:13 PM »
The pistol the oldest wants (or an M&P Duracoated pink)

The color has nothing to do with it
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk