Author Topic: Get a load of this!!!  (Read 11975 times)

Outlaw

• U.S.A.F. Retired/CCW
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Get a load of this!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 09:57:40 AM »
Welcome to the Twilight Zone M'ette ::)
Strategic Air Command Motto: Peace is Our Profession, Believe it or We'll Bomb the Hell Outta Ya!

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 11:12:54 AM »
NKA,My guess would be that the conservitivess Media you noted, Rush et al know that people are disgusted enough with  the Manchurian candidate that revelations like this would GIVE the election to the dems. his is the type of information that usually comes out as "the october surprise" I hope that it doesn't bite the Republicans on the butt in november, but it might, if proven, be enough to get the nomination for a REAL Republican at the convention.

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 12:02:10 PM »
Oh Neon..I'm sorry.... :'(
 I didn't in any way think you were snapping at "me"... I have a way sometimes of getting so wrapped up in the "passion" that I lose sense of how I am coming across. Forgive me if you thought I was 'snapping back at you'. Not so.. I just take strong key words.. (like  trash) and figure that I have to either put up or shut up.( ***HAZ!!  NOT NOW....SHUT YOUR MOUTH    :-X***)

So I dug further than I did before and came up with what I later posted. Please, Please, Please.. don't think that if I am strong in my responses or retorts, that it is ever directed at a person on a personal level or just because their opinion is different than mine, that I am pissed at that person.
Not so..

I realize I am ... ;)  a person who likes good in depth discussions and yessss while I do get pretty vocal.. I really don't  mean it to be personal or offensive. 
If I did... you would know it!  :)
 I don't go around the corner and talk trash on someone.. If I have a personal problem with that person, believe me.. I will march right up ..and we will get it on the table and take care of the problem then and there. Not that it is everyones  way... it is just my way.
( I get that from my mama... along with my strong nature and sometimes foot in mouth..and oh yeah.. my weird warped sense of humor.. )    LOL    ;D ;D ;D    Lord I love that woman..

I am the first to admit a wrong and a mistake.. but if I think I'm on the right track, the debater in me will surface and then the fun for me begins..  ;D ...((Poor Marshal  :( ))
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

keithm

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 03:37:50 PM »
Manchurian Candidate?  ;D I'm no fan of McCain, but that's hilarious.  What's he going to do, take the oath of office and then shoot himself in the face?  ;D
VP - West Virginia Citizens Defense League
http://www.wvcdl.org

Bill Stryker

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 04:24:09 PM »
Marshal'ette,

Have you checked this story with Snopes.com? I haven't either but I think someone should. As a retired Army officer and Vietnam vet the story presented sounds like a load of BS to me. I did not bother to read it all.

I went to school with lots of colonels and generals son etc. It did not seem to me that they got special treatment. Maybe just the opposite because expectations where higher for them.

At least in the Army, one does not "Apply for the National War College" one is selected for one of the several war colleges by a board of senior officers reviewing the records of all the officers in the eligible year groups. I do not doubt that daddy could have pulled strings with the Sec of Navy but I do doubt that he would.  I don't know how the Navy does it but I suspect it is the same process.

Of all the assertions in the part of the piece I read, I would say prove it. If there were propaganda broadcasts where are they? There must be tapes out there. And I for one, based on long experience, am very reluctant to believe anything the Russians from the Cold War era say. So, where is the collaboration from another source?

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:05:17 AM »

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 05:10:38 PM »
No I haven't checked with snopes..  but I added a link to some videos in an earlier post.. But as far as checking out this particular mail? I didn't..
To be real honest.. I thought it sounded a bit "out there" not that McCain isn't guilty of most of it, I'm sure.. but if someone did make it up... they did a hell of a good job with plenty of names to lead to a trail .
but I can't at all tell you if it is accurate or not in it's entirety .

Actually the source that I got it from is usually very very very much right on..and is a no nonsense type of man.. Spends a ton of his money traveling around going to all the political things..speaking out and digging into the crevices for what is buried.

Guess I shouldn't have trusted the source as much as I did..   :-\ .. but after watching the videos on what McCain is like and has done..   most of what was written doesn't surprise me at all.
Just my opinion though.

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 05:25:21 PM »
I dont think it matters, were stuck with the choices we have and they are all bad  :'(
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 05:34:44 PM »
Here is snopes..and what I found..

http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-q=John+McCain&getit=Go&sp-a=00062d45-sp00000000&sp-advanced=1&sp-p=all&sp-w-control=1&sp-w=alike&sp-date-range=-1&sp-x=any&sp-c=100&sp-m=1&sp-s=0

No mention of it..

Since I am in the hot seat here over this.. I will try to get a hold of Tim and see where he got this and if he has any back up of anything connected to it.

If not.......................well...............
I'll just continue to try to  like the taste of my foot in my mouth..  :P
 ;D

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 06:42:12 PM »

If not.......................well...............
I'll just continue to try to  like the taste of my foot in my mouth..  :P
 ;D

Try it with a good BBQ sauce, makes it taste better. Makes everything taste better, in fact.   ;)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 08:26:54 PM »
Try it with a good BBQ sauce, makes it taste better. Makes everything taste better, in fact.   ;)

Path,

I completely disagree!   

Hot sauce is MUCH better!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk