Author Topic: Ammo Restrictions?  (Read 10211 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
Ammo Restrictions?
« on: April 05, 2008, 01:22:51 PM »
It is a beautiful day out, but I am tied to the home office for the weekend.  So, I decided to clean the gun room. As I sorted, rearranged, dusted, and scratched my head I had a question: 

What restrictions do the general public (assuming this group could be considered part of the general population) need to be aware of in regards to personal ammo?  Do we currently have any restrictions on volume or storage practices?

I know from time to time ammo is addressed by the "anti's" when they can't move quick enough on guns, but I have lost track of what might be in place already.  I assume I'm legal, but when you live by the motto that "you can never have too much ammo" it kinda gets away from you.  I do know that the media would need anti-seizure medication (pun not intended, but I do like it) if I was ever arrested and my stock inventoried.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ammo Restrictions?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 01:29:04 PM »
Federally no quantity restrictions or storage requirements of which I am aware.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 01:37:25 PM »
Haz, Haz, Haz, :( You forgot Good Ole Title 18, USC, Section 929(a)(1), possession of a firearm loaded with armor piercing ammo during a Federal crime of violence or drug trafficking offense. Can't believe you forgot THAT one!
Mac.
ps. blackpowder does have Federal storage restrictions though. DMc.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 01:40:12 PM »
Haz, Haz, Haz, :( You forgot Good Ole Title 18, USC, Section 929(a)(1), possession of a firearm loaded with armor piercing ammo during a Federal crime of violence or drug trafficking offense. Can't believe you forgot THAT one!
Mac.
ps. blackpowder does have Federal storage restrictions though. DMc.

That's why I said quantity and did not touch the 'type' area.

And he said ammo not components. SO THERE!

;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 01:43:59 PM »
Got me!  ;D  What I get for tryin to be a smart a$$.
Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:03:01 AM »

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 01:46:45 PM »
It is a beautiful day out, but I am tied to the home office for the weekend.  So, I decided to clean the gun room. As I sorted, rearranged, dusted, and scratched my head I had a question: 

What restrictions do the general public (assuming this group could be considered part of the general population) need to be aware of in regards to personal ammo?  Do we currently have any restrictions on volume or storage practices?

I know from time to time ammo is addressed by the "anti's" when they can't move quick enough on guns, but I have lost track of what might be in place already.  I assume I'm legal, but when you live by the motto that "you can never have too much ammo" it kinda gets away from you.  I do know that the media would need anti-seizure medication (pun not intended, but I do like it) if I was ever arrested and my stock inventoried.

Well, are you still burning off your stock pile from Y2K?
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 02:42:51 PM »
No, it's not Y2K supply.  I'm not smart enough to buy when cheap.  I just buy when I can find and have the cash.  Now adays I buy everything I can afford, because it's only going one way for the foreseeable future.

Did I forget to mention the ... ummmm ... ahhhh, I've got some black bottles and black kegs of ... ummmm ... ahhhhhh .... something.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 03:50:05 PM »
No, it's not Y2K supply.  I'm not smart enough to buy when cheap.  I just buy when I can find and have the cash.  Now adays I buy everything I can afford, because it's only going one way for the foreseeable future.

Did I forget to mention the ... ummmm ... ahhhh, I've got some black bottles and black kegs of ... ummmm ... ahhhhhh .... something.

I gotta get me some of them black bottles and kegs of ... ummmm ... ahhhhhh .... something. I'll keep 'em in a locked steel cabinet in the garage I think, off the floor.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 04:35:34 PM »
I gotta get me some of them black bottles and kegs of ... ummmm ... ahhhhhh .... something. I'll keep 'em in a locked steel cabinet in the garage I think, off the floor.

With LOTS of desicant.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 07:21:10 PM »
With LOTS of desicant.

Nope, won't need, it, have an awesome propane heater that should just do the trick!!!!!!    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk