Author Topic: Ammo Restrictions?  (Read 10210 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ammo Restrictions?
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 07:27:17 PM »
Nope, won't need, it, have an awesome propane heater that should just do the trick!!!!!!    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

UHHHHHH... not too near the 'kegs' i hope ! ?
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 07:39:21 PM »
Just a note. We had to let a guys house burn down a few years ago because of ammo going off. He lived in the country, we had to stay a 1/2 mile away till the pops stoped for awhile. He had about 8000 rounds go up in flames. :'(
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

Outlaw

• U.S.A.F. Retired/CCW
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 07:53:17 PM »
Lucy, you got some splainin to do to the insurance company :o
Strategic Air Command Motto: Peace is Our Profession, Believe it or We'll Bomb the Hell Outta Ya!

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 11:39:25 PM »
Nope, won't need, it, have an awesome propane heater that should just do the trick!!!!!!    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Repeat, LOTS of desicant, you need it DRY, in the summer as well
Never mind, I just checked your location, dry and summer kind of go hand in hand don't they ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 02:03:25 AM »
Chances are, your local hazmat/ fire codes are the ones you have to worry about.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:48:55 AM »

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 03:47:11 AM »
So you're the one responsible for Johnsons going up in smoke ;D
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2008, 01:29:57 PM »
Just a note. We had to let a guys house burn down a few years ago because of ammo going off. He lived in the country, we had to stay a 1/2 mile away till the pops stoped for awhile. He had about 8000 rounds go up in flames.

OK, I'm confused. What kind of ammo? Really, REALLY big stuff that goes BOOM when it hits the target or small arms ammo?
Small arms ammo won't even penetrate an old set of turnouts let alone need a 1/2 mile buffer.
CHAMBERED AMMO COOKING OFF IS A WHOLE 'NUTHER DEAL! Was that the problem?

I've been in the same room with rifle and pistol ammo cooking off - lots of it - it's no big deal. It can't build up pressure and can't direct the pressure it has in anything but the path of least resistance, which usually results in a hunk of brass flying that won't even crack your facepiece.
Did onscene command wet themselves unnecessarily?

(The grenade factory going up in smoke was...interesting)
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2008, 01:52:47 PM »
Ok, it was a joke.

I know desiccants are necessary, here in the eastern part of ND especially, more humid than in the central or western parts I used to live in.

No propane in the new house, all electric, just to calm the fears.

Of course, if the power is out and I want to reload, I could always use a match to check the bottle and keg labels right??

It's a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And no, had nothing to do with Johnson's. Did not even know about that one. Is that the wrecking yard on old 10 west of Mandan?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Bill Stryker

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2008, 01:56:42 PM »
Cookie,
What was up that kept you so far away?

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2008, 02:02:42 PM »
Hey, SOME ammo, and those supposedly responsible for it, needs restrictions!

Raleigh News & Observer.

Posted: Feb. 21, 2008
Updated: Feb. 22, 2008

Sanford, N.C. — A fourth man has been detained in connection with the discovery last week of military explosives at a Raleigh scrap-metal recycling plant, police said Thursday.

Manuel Sanchez Uriosteget was being held by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, said Capt. David Smith, of the Sanford Police Department.

Almost three dozen military explosives were found and detonated at Raleigh Metals Recycling last week. Plant owner Greg Brown said a customer sold the munitions to the plant with other scrap metal, and his workers didn't recognize them as live ammunition.

Two workers sustained minor injuries when one of the shells exploded as a load of scrap was being processed, and a team of munitions experts from Fort Bragg detonated other devices over the next four days.

The process forced nearby residents from their homes and required a portion of Garner Road to be shut down for much of the week.

Uriosteget lives in the same mobile home park as Adrian Nunez-Aviles and brothers Javier Gomez-Urieta and Salvador Gomez-Urieta, who were arrested a week ago on immigration violations and have been held for questioning in the munitions case.

A search last week of a mobile home on Carver Drive in Sanford turned up artillery shells in the yard similar to the ones that were dropped off at Raleigh Metals Recycling, including two live rounds.

A search of Uriosteget's trailer also turned up ammunition, Smith said. Investigators located anti-tank weapons, spent 2-millimeter(?) shells and .50-caliber bullets in a yard at the trailer park, he said.

The FBI and the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives also are investigating the case.(So we can rest easy now)

Mac.

Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk