Author Topic: Firearm Confiscations in Greensburg, Kansas?  (Read 8352 times)

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
Firearm Confiscations in Greensburg, Kansas?
« on: May 08, 2007, 07:28:45 PM »

The National Rifle Association has received a number of reports of ongoing firearm confiscations in Greensburg, Kansas.

They are currently gathering as much information as possible to verify these claims. If the reports are true, NRA will act swiftly to correct this injustice and stop any unconstitutional gun confiscations.

If you have any information regarding gun confiscations in Kansas, or know any law-abiding citizen who has had their firearms confiscated, please contact NRA immediately at 1-800-392-8683.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Firearm Confiscations in Greensburg, Kansas?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 09:58:05 PM »
Got a link to any thing?  I had heard of this is Chicago but KANSAS??
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 10:22:04 PM »

So far, this is the only link we have (NRA):
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=2953
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 05:41:52 AM »
Too early to tell how pervasive this is in KS. But...

Get used to it folks. We can pass all of the laws we want, have all of the court rullings we can get our hands on, but this will be the response of our governments in every emergency. It is intentional, it is by design, it is to disarm us, to teach us that we have no rights.

Is there anyone on this site who works for a local government, who has access to the disaster plans and can maybe provide actual proof of this? You would have to be at a fairly high salaried level I would think to have access to the whole set of plans.

How many people in New Orleans have gotten their firearms back after the NRA court ruling?

Besides, what would you, what would any of us, do if you are alone, picking up the pieces and a squad of body-armored guns drawn "officers" show up and demand them? Resist and you go to jail AND your guns get grabbed up anyhow.

This is the way of the New World Order - until they confiscate them for good that is.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 06:45:30 AM »
Too early to tell how pervasive this is in KS. But...

Get used to it folks. We can pass all of the laws we want, have all of the court rullings we can get our hands on, but this will be the response of our governments in every emergency. It is intentional, it is by design, it is to disarm us, to teach us that we have no rights.

Is there anyone on this site who works for a local government, who has access to the disaster plans and can maybe provide actual proof of this? You would have to be at a fairly high salaried level I would think to have access to the whole set of plans.

How many people in New Orleans have gotten their firearms back after the NRA court ruling?

Besides, what would you, what would any of us, do if you are alone, picking up the pieces and a squad of body-armored guns drawn "officers" show up and demand them? Resist and you go to jail AND your guns get grabbed up anyhow.

This is the way of the New World Order - until they confiscate them for good that is.

From my cold, dead hands, is all I can say.
Life Member of the NRA

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:07:24 PM »

Snake45

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 07:40:14 AM »

From my cold, dead hands, is all I can say.
I've always liked how economist/columnist Walter Williams put it: "If you hear that the government has Williams' guns, you will know that Williams is dead."
And he's dreaming about an intruder or two
And the promise of burglar blood,
And he's yearning to chew on a gangster tattoo
And to hear the proverbial sickening thud...

--Warren Zevon, "Rottweiler Blues," Mutineer c1995

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 10:54:58 AM »
Is this in response to the Tornado damage or some such or is it like Chicago with CAGE cops using registration records?

Anyone know?
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 11:09:39 AM »

NRA News reported this last night and with few details. They emphasized that this is unconfirmed and will come with an update as soon as they know more. If this is true, it is related to the tornado that wiped out the town last Friday.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 12:14:48 PM »
It may have even been an isolated case, some guy being irresponsible, posing a threat to people, and instead of arresting (isn't the jail gone too?) they simply disarmed. We do need all of the facts re' Greensburg.

None of this, BTW, invalidates my comments above.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

ksu_nutzer

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 04:59:41 PM »
Watched the news last night out of Wichita (Ch 10) and according to the report  emergency personnel where picking up firearms that were found in the debris and taking them to a locked response trailer. People missing guns could come down and pick them up if they could describe them or had a serial number. Owners of missing firearms were shown on TV getting their firearms back. The firearms were only picked up to prevent looters from running off with them or from further damage of being left out in the weather.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk