Poll

What do you guys now think of Liberty Safe?

I will never buy one.
7 (100%)
I don't care, it doesn't bother me.
0 (0%)
Safe, what's a safe?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: L I B E R T Y - S A F E - - - f b i  (Read 1906 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
L I B E R T Y - S A F E - - - f b i
« on: September 18, 2023, 07:50:01 AM »
Liberty Safe gave the fbi the code to get into someone's safe.  Whaddya' think about that?

Gun safe maker gives FBI customer’s safe access code; FBI raids home
SEPTEMBER 06, 2023 ELIZABETH LAWRENCE

Liberty Safe, a popular gun safe maker, gave one of its customer’s access codes to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) last week, the company revealed. The FBI requested......

Read more at the link below:
https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/09/gun-safe-maker-gives-fbi-customers-safe-access-code-fbi-raids-home/

This was to get one of those J6 people.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: L I B E R T Y - S A F E - - - f b i
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 03:23:21 PM »
Troubling is the wave of cooperation from those who should least be cooperative. Such is the tendency as the disease of liberalism grows.
I don't know the command hierarchy at Liberty, but there have been several other industry companies that have made stupid choices...mostly due to younger progressive CEO's or some trying to placate the powers that be.

When it comes to safes, my large one is a Cannon and I have a Sentry fire safe for ammo.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 05:00:11 PM »
Liberty was not served with a court order. The safe owner chose not to open the safe for law enforcement.  Law enforcement had other ways, yes destructive ways, to gain access to the safe. It was not Liberty’s responsibility to prevent damage to a safe they did not own. 

So. Take note that Liberty (as do other manufactures) have a back door code to open their electronic locks.  And that they’re willing to give such code away without justification.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 06:00:07 PM »
I'm sure that Liberty will face a law suit from the owner of the safe over this.  It is a difficult situation, and I have read Liberty's reasoning. Their legal team has dealt with this, and this is not the first time they have provided the code. They have also refused to provide the code in many situations. My understanding is that their legal team follows a set of guidelines that starts with the safe owner being served a valid search warrant or not.

Bottom line to all of this is that this is the reason I will not ever purchase a security device that utilizes digital codes.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2023, 06:30:10 PM »
Liberty was not served with a court order. The safe owner chose not to open the safe for law enforcement.  Law enforcement had other ways, yes destructive ways, to gain access to the safe. It was not Liberty’s responsibility to prevent damage to a safe they did not own. 

So. Take note that Liberty (as do other manufactures) have a back door code to open their electronic locks.  And that they’re willing to give such code away without justification.

Yep.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:16:10 PM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2023, 08:04:08 PM »
They did have a warrant  to search the safe and he did refuse to open  it.  They were getting in one way or another.

Never liked electric safe anyways
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2023, 10:19:11 AM »
They did have a warrant  to search the safe and he did refuse to open  it.  They were getting in one way or another.

Never liked electric safe anyways

True TAB, but it shouldn't be Liberty's decision.  It's the owner's call whether to open it or let them tear it open.

And no.  I've never trusted electronic locks, either.

I mean, just look at what happened at Nakatomi Plaza.     ;)
Will work for ammo

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2023, 02:32:37 PM »
Alf you made me look up Nakaohoatachihomey Tower.  Or however you spell it.

Good catch.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2023, 08:04:39 AM »
While, online at least, most problems with safes have to do with electronic locks, mechanical ones have problems as well, though not very often.

S&G makes some internal wheels out of Delrin (Polyoxymethylene) which for all its qualities has been known to become brittle with age and break.  Mines 40+ yo and I’ve never taken the cover off the door to see what it’s made of.  Might be time
Will work for ammo

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2023, 01:02:24 PM »
Yeah I would check it!  I'd also look at the drill point (if your safe has one) to break the glass release mechanism if you cannot get in.  Some have those things but they never tell you where they are...however you can call and find out for a few $$$'s if you need to.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk