Author Topic: New Tactical Rifle  (Read 4315 times)

SwoopSJ

• November 12, 1978 - November 2, 2011
  • DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Love thy neighbor.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Tactical Rifle
« on: June 23, 2008, 01:06:23 AM »
I've been contemplating a new tactical rifle before the election, but I'm not sure what to get.  I already own a SHTF rifle (S&W m&p 15t) so the new toy would be strictly for fun.  I have pretty much narrowed my choices down to a Lancaster Arms AK or Vector Uzi.  Does anyone have experience with either of these guns.  Ammo is about the same price and accuracy is comparable, from what I've heard, so it all comes down to quality and fun factor.  Thanks for any help y'all can give.

Yeah, I know someone will say buy 'em both, but this is just one small section of the "must have" list.  ;D
"...to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."  --Richard H. Lee

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: New Tactical Rifle
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 04:58:41 AM »
Permit me to go way out on another limb here and suggest you buy a .22LR conversion kit for your AR. Cheap, fun and still good practice with your SHTF rifle.
Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

Ron J

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 11:22:36 AM »
My 2¢, I would pick a rifle caliber over a pistol caliber. 

Someone over at the SIG Forum said that Lancaster were good people making good guns.  I checked out their web site and they guarantee their products for life.  If you got the jones for an AK, they sound pretty good.  Go for the AK and buy lots of ammo and mags. 

SwoopSJ

• November 12, 1978 - November 2, 2011
  • DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Love thy neighbor.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 02:31:23 PM »
Permit me to go way out on another limb here and suggest you buy a .22LR conversion kit for your AR. Cheap, fun and still good practice with your SHTF rifle.
Mac.
I'm really glad you mentioned the conversion kit, as I have been looking for a good .22 to plink with.  I was planning on buying a 10/22 but I like your idea better.  Where can I find the conversion kits?

My 2¢, I would pick a rifle caliber over a pistol caliber. 

Someone over at the SIG Forum said that Lancaster were good people making good guns.  I checked out their web site and they guarantee their products for life.  If you got the jones for an AK, they sound pretty good.  Go for the AK and buy lots of ammo and mags. 

Yeah, the AK would probably be a better purchase, but the uzi just looks sooo cool.  (Carry over from too many action movies in my youth.)  Probably will go with the AK though, as coolness wears off much faster than functionality.  Thanks

"...to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."  --Richard H. Lee

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 02:42:49 PM »
I have a John Ciener conversion for my AR and a couple of 25+ rd mags to match. Works great, and fun to shoot steel with it. http://mactec-militaryarms.com/bd_mags.html
Mac.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:43:13 PM »

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 03:09:28 PM »
Just be advised, Ciener has a large backorder, I ordered mine from Brownell's march 3, arrived june 6.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 03:19:51 PM »
Probably the result of ammo prices? I'm trying to decide if I should get one for my 92FS as well.
Mac.

steel4u

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 11:37:23 AM »
Spikes Tactical makes some great dedicated uppers and will be selling a replacement bolt shortly. 

http://spikestactical.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=26

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk