Author Topic: New Lighting system for accessory rails  (Read 2641 times)

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Lighting system for accessory rails
« on: November 24, 2007, 07:39:10 PM »
Michaels probably already seen this, but My Ex Glock rep, now turned multiple rep was at the gunshow and showed me, Safarilands new rapid light system. It's really cool, has more than one use, light, and bright. Plus you can use the mounting system seperately to mount your own flashlight of choice. He did not have any for sale, but said they are appearing as we type. So as soon as I got home I started Googling and came up with this.
Rapid Light System (RLS™)

With the new Safariland Rapid Light System (RLS), you get a professional-quality hand-held light and gun-mounted light all in one. You can clip it onto your belt, hold it in your hand, or quickly mount it to your gun for an instant tactical advantage. There’s no need to buy an expensive holster to carry a light-mounted gun. No reason to carry a second primary light. You will always have a bright light whenever and wherever you need it. It’s the only light you need. Period.

1. Ambidextrous
   2. Super-bright LED technology (65 lumens) — bright enough to be your primary light; Prism Reflector System penetrates light up to 350 feet
   3. 3 AAAs provide over 50 hours use—no expensive proprietary batteries needed
   4. Integral clip for easy securement to belt or garment—no dedicated light mount holster needed
   5. Fits most handgun models that incorporate an integral rail system—also mounts to rifles and shotguns that have a picatinny rail
   6. Quickly transitions from standard flashlight to tactical illumination
   7. Can be operated with either thumb, or change to other side to operate with trigger finger; Push button provides controllable on/off illumination of target to minimize loss of handgrip, sight picture and exposure
   8. RLS mount will accommodate any hand-held compact light in the range of .970" (24.6mm) - 1.060" (26.9mm) in diameter

Can be ordered two ways: RLS™ Light/Mount System and RLS™ Mount only.

" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

SIG229DAK

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: New Lighting system for accessory rails
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 08:10:59 PM »
Looks interesting and should be good for those who are unhappy with standard rail-mount lights.
I've always carryed two lights, as redundency has kept me alive more than once.   

I'm happy with the compact X200 on my 229 and the E2D in the left hand  ;D
HaroldB

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 09:50:44 PM »
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 10:10:11 PM »
THANKS, MAJER

That is indeed it, I have a Brownells order arriving monday, had I only known. But the picture does not show how it works which is key. Had I seen this ad, I would not have paid it any attention until I saw it demonstrated like I did today. I think I'll order the mounting system first and try some of my lights that fit. I did like the LED though, but it was daylight in the building, hard to tell what it will do in the low light.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 08:04:57 PM »
Yer Welcome... ;D
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:41:38 AM »

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 09:26:59 PM »
I haven't handled one in the Real World, but it certainly looks like a good idea. I like the easily-detachable aspect of it...gun mounted lights, to be, have some substantial liabilities (talked about it on the podcast a while back). Also like anything that uses AAA batteries...I've got about a zillion lying around the house.

Was fooling around with one of the next-gen SureFire 300 weapons-mounted lights today...bright little sucker!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk